S4 - What to carry it in - Page 39
Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merderah Soundkilla View Post
    oakley surf pack is the best imo... tons of pockets for cables, dedicated laptop sleeve, plenty of room for S4.

sometimes i use it to carry other gear too, and i shit a brick because it can carry so damn much. the bottom unzips to expand the compartment to fit larger things. this bag is so full of win.
    Quote Originally Posted by viceversa View Post
    ^have any pics with the S4 inside?
    Oakley bag
    DIMENSIONS: 21" H x 14" W x 9" D (2500 cubic inches) / 53cm x 36cm x 23cm (41 liters)
    S4
    Depth: 32.2cm / 12.7''Height: 5.2cm / 2''Width: 50cm / 19.7'

The numbers look like it'll fit, but I don't think it would fit well.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Allright, so here it is as promised.
    Enter the chinese magma studio bag 25, well maybe just more chinese

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60101412@N07/

I feel its quality is awesome for the price, shipping cost me a bit though but still under 100 bucks total 92 or something like that...

First things I noticed, bags o the sides are less bulky than the magma bag, which might not be so useful if you carry a lot of gadgets, but there is still plenty of room left after you put the s4 an a laptop so for me its just fine.

The bulky bags on the magma where actually worrying me because at check in they might say its too bulky so this one is more discreet and that's a plus in this case.

Inside it comes with separators that I ended up removing and or/readjusting to fit the 24 without damaging knobs or so. The padding is ok, on the bottom its pretty thick but if you are a freak about it, you could still remove the second divider and add cushioning instead, maybe I will do that later. Or put the second divider closer and add protection!

I also have a sleeve for my laptop anyway(thats separate) just to keep piece of mind.

For now I will be a little carfeul where I put it , don't think its totally cool to put more bags on top of it if you go on a plane like me. (in the current state)

Straps seem sturdy as well and the whole thing loaded is not so bad but obviously not so light either. All in all I'm satisfied and can still fit in more of my things like the launchpad, nanocontrol, the headphones do fit in a bit tight but ok. Loads of room for cables and extra small things to carry on the flight. Oh, and it closes just fine.

I don't want to recommend it fully until I come back and forth a few times but at least I feel safer than checking in the flightcase.

Tech Guru

man that looks good, especially for a casual bag to carry to gig.

Is that only available in the UK?
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Wizard

thanks for the feedback! The bag actually looks a little too narrow for the S4 but if you wanted could you remove that small center divider in the main section which would then allow you to move the big divider back some? I'm asking b/c I plan on using the decksaver on top of the S4 while inside the bag.

Tech Convert Merderah Soundkilla's Avatar

^have any pics with the S4 inside?
    i'll get some pics up later today for ya. don't let the specs from on their site fool you, i went in store with a measuring tape (yes, lol) and made the guy working there bring me all their bigger bags. the one thing that really won with the surf pack is the fact that it has this overflow fabric (supposed to be water resistant) with a drawstring, which keeps the S4 covered completely - then the top flap comes down and locks in keeping everything snug.

Can't wait for the pics, son!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Convert Merderah Soundkilla's Avatar

here's some pics... one of the bag with my laptop + S4 top open, the other with everything bundled up securely. it's a snug fit, which i love, knowing the S4 isn't gonna just flop around in there like a fish.

Last edited by tekki; 03-02-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Tech Wizard

thanks for the feedback! The bag actually looks a little too narrow for the S4 but if you wanted could you remove that small center divider in the main section which would then allow you to move the big divider back some? I'm asking b/c I plan on using the decksaver on top of the S4 while inside the bag.
    Yeah that's the cool thing, you can remove, or place the dividers closer/apart whatever you want.

I was also thinking about the decksaver and I think that's the ultimate combo for this bag, but might take up the rest of the space so forget putting more fat controllers in there :S

Who cares if you are only using s4!

Tech Mentor

very interesting the oak surf pack bag, anyway can it take my s4 + my x1 and all my cables and computer (headphones and all)???!

Tech Guru

the oak seems to have no padding at all ... at least on the sides of the main compartment.

it might be ok for light transportation, but I personally wouldn't consider it at all ...