S4 - What to carry it in - Page 22
Page 22 of 73 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    There it is!

You heard it here first. Time to photoshop a bag and post it on Traktor Facebook page.

LOL i rememeber making a mock up of a 4channel controller for Traktor and you guys posted it on the Traktor Facebook.

I had to explain that to a certain person at NI... Thats when i was first told about the S4 and i decided i should stop talking about 4 channel controllers..

Quote Originally Posted by Quenepas View Post
    The Xponent dimensions are:

18.03" x 12.05" x 2.56"

Maybe it could fit but with odd shape on the bag since the Xponent is deeper.

This case fits my VCI100 with plenty space left and since this holds all my stuff so well I would not like to also get some other bag.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Mentor

HAHA Karlos, I hate explaining the mocking up of controllers.

That is an awesome story! I would have loved to be in on that phone call or meeting!

Tech Mentor

Does it have to be a bag? I am thinking about making a slimmer case from mdf.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I was looking for that mock up the other day to see what it looked like compared to the real thing.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I was looking for that mock up the other day to see what it looked like compared to the real thing.
    This is it.

Basically its an Allen Heath Xone DX with 2 X1s and VCI 300 Jog Wheels badly layered in Photoshop.

Took about 15 minutes.

It got posted by BradC i think or maybe Haze on the Traktor Facebook and the bloody Traktor Forum of all places which obviously started a huge rumour thread that could inevitably be traced back to me.
    So i figured i should explain where it came from to Forum Admin who is much more that just an Admin at NI (yikes).

This is all before any word of the KS4 had even been mentioned outside a small room in Berlin in fact.

All i was told was "that is so close to what we have coming, its not even funny" (its fine for me to say this now i guess). And that was it.
    My head was spinning at the prospect of an NI controller with Jog Wheels.

The S4 is so much better but i dont think i did so bad..?

Tech Guru

4 walmart plastic bags, not paper! Super Glued together with many holes in them so my imaginary S4 doesn't fall out.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    This is it.

The S4 is so much better but i dont think i did so bad..?
    Yeah I remember I posted it on Facebook and then Brad and few guys here that saw me post it, just went along with the bullshit story and some bought it. However on the NI page, it lasted all of 2 min. Thomas came on pretty quick and called the bluff. I went back to that thread a few weeks ago and laughed at how close it was to the design and how quick NI responed to smash the rumor.

I even thought --- shit, Karlos new about the S4 since way back then and dropped us a hint!!

Ok, so this controller or the S4. We still don't have a good bag for either!!
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Omg when does that come out

where is the info

is it a free update

how come i cant cue on my laptop using the built in sound

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    There it is!

You heard it here first. Time to photoshop a bag and post it on Traktor Facebook page.

Im still on the hunt and not stopping till i find something that works. Had some down time. House is finally ready since the fire. Its been 7 long months. S4 had to go back in its box for the move. But shall be out soon
    Maschine, Abelton live, Massive, Samson studio monitors, Ks4, New truss, revo 4, Chauvet minspots on the way,Traktor pro Thank goodness for just needing the sn#!!),2nd 13" macbook

All fire lost:Signed Vci-100 arcade, akai lpd8,Truss and all lighting, 13" macbook, hercules rmx