Jog wheel maintenance (+LED replacement) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Oh also, fader fx mode is glitchy as well is scratch is also turned on. Fine if not.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mistertuckshop View Post
    Yes, just tried it. Same results. The problem only occurs when scratch is turned on.
    Same result with two different mappings seems to point to a hardware problem I think. Have you taken it apart and looked around inside?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Not yet... I'll see if I have time this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Same result with two different mappings seems to point to a hardware problem I think. Have you taken it apart and looked around inside?
    FW 1.4 changed the notes of several controls I think so the standard mapping is likely to be buggy, maybe just create a fresh map with only the glitchy controls to be sure? shouldn't take long.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    FW 1.4 changed the notes of several controls I think so the standard mapping is likely to be buggy, maybe just create a fresh map with only the glitchy controls to be sure? shouldn't take long.
    That's true and worth trying, but I'm getting confused with these different threads with the same problem. I think mistertruckshop is on 1.3, but some of the others are on 1.4? either way deleting the VCI mapping in the controller manager (just to be sure nothings conflicting) and starting a new generic media device mapping starting on the jog in question might reveal something. Easy enough using midid learn. All of your jog controls should be under transport I believe.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

im having problems too.normally after a bit of use but i get no functionality from jogs in scratch mode,no pitch bend either,fader fx still works fine though so must be a bug somewhere.f/w 1.4

Tech Mentor

Hi guys
    I got my VCI 100 blk today; (firm 1,1 waiting for my firmware kit)

I think everything is ok, except one thing: the right jog wheel is smooth, and doesnt turns very fast. the left goes faster and makes some noise like friction + i think the sensor doesnt works every time...

I don't know which kind of prudct i must buy, and how much will it cost.

can you guys just help me?

thanks a lot

Tech Mentor

thanks man, i'm gonna do this.

I didn't knew the second one, it's very instructive.

thank a lot for your work Chris

Tech Wizard

I've had to do this twice, and both times it was the plastic bushing (with 3 screws) that needed adjustment. I'm not exaggerating: even if it's a TINY bit off, it will not work properly. They all need to be tightened the same amount. I'm talking 1/10 of a turn with the screwdriver difference between the 3 (too tight or loose) and it won't work. When they're off by a bit, the wheel will sound like it's grinding, but when it's correct, the grinding goes away.

I also adjusted the sensitivity screw until the LED was on all the time without me touching the wheel. After hearing how some of these adjustment screws fall off, I'm afraid of adjusting them any more.

Good luck. Hope this helped

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast