Jog wheel maintenance (+LED replacement)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Jog wheel maintenance (+LED replacement)

So I just bought a vci-100 second hand (cheers, Jack Clark ) and I think it need a little bit of maintenance.

Here's a youtube video of the jog wheels
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40N-E1QH5EU
    The left jog wheel works fine, but the right one only seems to pick up when it's rotating about half of the time - it's not the touch sensitivity because the LED stays red. I know there was a video recently about repairing the jog wheels, but is there anything specific I should be looking for if I open it up?

Also I'd quite like to replace the LED for the right headphone cue button, it doesn't work. Any ideas where I can buy a replacement LED in the UK, and brief instructions on how to replace it?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Have you checked the sensitivity on the back of the VCI? Even though the red LED comes on it could be the software needs a little more to work well. Be careful as those little plastic screws are fragile.

You might need to lube the finger that contacts the post of the jog wheel inside the unit. I cover that here.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/08/1...ers-jog-wheel/

LED's (check the blog post he linked in there to)
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18867

I'm thinking there's something else, but I can't jog (pun intended ) my memory right now.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tried adjusting the sensitivity - even with it all the way up (so the red LED is still on even when I'm not touching the wheel) it still doesn't work right. Moving the jog wheel smoothly round only works for about half a rotation.

When it comes to LEDs I've done that mod (check my post 'jojo linked to) so I'm happy to give any advice you need. I used these LEDs from Maplin and they're pretty much identical to the originals. A lot of people seem to be having the cue LED problem, I guess vestax had a bad batch.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Has the sensitivity changed in the mapping? Have you updated recently or anything? Was it ever working for you or was it like this wen you got it? Since it is second hand it might be worth it to go ahead and do the fader maintenance on it anyway.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Has the sensitivity changed in the mapping? Have you updated recently or anything? Was it ever working for you or was it like this wen you got it? Since it is second hand it might be worth it to go ahead and do the fader maintenance on it anyway.
    I only got it yesterday - using the latest mapping downloaded straight from DJTT.

edit: oh and cheers for the LED link, ordered
    Last edited by mistertuckshop; 10-09-2010 at 10:31 AM.

Did you use the big import button to load the tsi? Sometimes it takes importing a couple of time restarting Traktor between each import to get it fully loaded. If that doesn;t work I would lubricate the finger that touches the jog post.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Did you use the big import button to load the tsi? Sometimes it takes importing a couple of time restarting Traktor between each import to get it fully loaded. If that doesn;t work I would lubricate the finger that touches the jog post.
    Yep, used the big import button.
    Just to clarify, by the way, the wheel itself rotates fine, not stiff or anything, it just doesn't seem to pick up when it's spinning a lot of the time.

Tech Wizard

Im getting the same jog wheel problem too
    PC i5 4690k, Win 7 64bit, 8gb ram, Audio4 DJ, Vestax VCI-100, Technics SL1200mk2's, Numark CDX, Vestax VCI-100, Behringer DDM4000, Stanton SK6, Korg Kaoss pad 2, Novation Bass station, Yamaha RY30, Akai SG01v, Lexicon Vortex, Art FXR, Akai LPD8, Maschine mk2, Roland TB-3.

Tech Convert

Strange..same thing here: since the update to FW1.4, my right jog wheel has exactly the same problems as described above and shown in the video.

Could it be that the fourfold resolution of 1.4 multiplies the detrimental effects of small amounts of dirt/dust? Or would it rather be a software/mapping issue?

But then again: the left wheel works perfectly.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast