*BUILD LOG* My DIY Controller - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    does the A-Pac support potentiometers?
    Yes, four.

Tech Convert

Default Update 2: Electric Boogaloo

Hey all, figured I'd give a quick update while I'm sitting at work. I'll try and get some pics up later.

I've got good news and bad news:

The good news is I got everything hooked up, and it works, as far as my computer recognizes that buttons are being pushed, and the x-y axes are registering.

The bad news is I can't get that to register in Traktor Pro. I hook up the device, and run Rejoice with Midi Yoke, but nothing will register. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get this to work. I've tried Rejoice, Joy2Key, Joy2Midi, and VMIDIJoy, none of them work. I downloaded MJoy, but can't figure out how to use that, either. If anyone has any thoughts, I'm all ears.

Hopefully I can get this figured out...

Tech Guru

Theres always Junxion, but you have to pay.

Tech Convert

i just ordered an a-pac and buttons/knobs to do something very similar. i am going to use it with virtual DJ and ableton live. how tricky was the mapping? ever gonna post finished pics?

Tech Convert

I never ended up getting to the point where I could map it. I never did get the midi interface software to cooperate, and shortly afterwards lost my job so the project has been on indefinite hiatus until I figure out what I want to do with it. In that time, I've been thinking about a redesign, plus, a friend of mine had an Arduino sitting around his basement that he didn't want anymore, so I may switch over to that. Keep me posted on how yours turns out.

Tech Convert

i may try to sidestep midi altogether. if i can get a program to recognize keyboard input, i can map the a-pac to the keyboard...at least i hope so. arduinos are a bit intimidating at this point. bummer about your job, though. hope things turn up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by extraclassic View Post
    Give Glovepie a try
    +1 on glovePIE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12