Traktor Feature Wishlist - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

reported
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    This and flexible beatgrids are the two features I think would complete the S4. Stacked waveforms are also great, but not necessary with better waveforms and better griding. This is one area where Itch (IMHO) is much better than Traktor.

Do you guys think NI will ever implement colored waveforms or would that be stepping on Serato's toes?
    i think they should, it's one more tool. One thing I really like about serato vs traktor is the way I can just throw a track on, and visually beatmatch it without having to do the tedious gridding.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr0wTesK View Post
    i think they should, it's one more tool. One thing I really like about serato vs traktor is the way I can just throw a track on, and visually beatmatch it without having to do the tedious gridding.
    whereas I just, hmmm beatmatch them using my ears - slightly oldskool I know ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

though I agree, the serato one on top of the other does make it a bit easier ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gr0wTesK View Post
    yeah the visually beatmaching I think is a tad bit faster because you can see th beat before you can hear it. The thing about the colors is that it's almost impossible to f@uck up a grid. In traktor I'm sometimes guessing where to put the grid, where in Itch it's obvious where it's supossed to go.

****There was a post a few days ago about Cue Points. Most the guys who responed place cue points at the beginning of break downs, vocals, or anywhere there is a transition in the song. The colored waveforms do this for you. You can visually see what kind of beats are coming, or when the vocals start. It's a great tool and would free up cue points****
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

What Traktor needs is a better arrange for 4 full decks on a 13" wide screen, and still have a good amount lines in the browser. On 15" screen its decent, but on a 13" its impossible to do so without switching views.

I vote plus one on the stacked waveforms, something I got use to in Torq and one main reasons I havent let go mine Torq just yet.

Midi programming could be easier, I refer to Torq again on this, you just simply right click on the on-screen button or knob, then touch the physical one and its programmed, without having to go a preference window. Maybe NI, can make it, so there's two level of midi assigning, first being a basic midi from the main view with a midi learn button on-screen without going to the preference. And then an advance mode, once you set a function, you can mod it out how you wish. For me, the midi programming of Traktor, is what kept me away for a long time, I found it too confusing compared to Torq. I know Torq's midi commands isnt as advanced as Traktor's, but it works well and I can change things on the mapping on the fly or create a new one without download a TSI file.

I think this was mentioned on another topic, but I would an option when I copy a deck, that it can copy the effects too. So if Im playing a song in Deck A, I looped it, I applied the effects I wanted, now I dump it into Deck C, too let continue playing and having to remember to apply effects I just had. Basically I want to play and go, and not think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    whereas I just, hmmm beatmatch them using my ears - slightly oldskool I know ...
    beatmaching by ear is cool and all. but I look at it like this, why do long division when I have a calculator sitting in front of me? as long as the answer is right does it really matter how I got the result?

nah, but seriously, I do need to work on beatmatching, but it's still easier in serato I think

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    @ Duerr, is this a way of looking at your idea:

Look at it like Song Groups. (think Photoshop layers?)

Pick a track in Browser, click an icon on 3 other tracks, now they are linked as a Song Group. Load any of those tracks and the other 3 are loaded into the Pre-Deck Area in the same Track Deck. One track is in the Track Deck, 3 others in the pre-deck area.

You could sort a Playlist as Groups, double sorting by Genre.

A way for 2 deck users to get more creative without using 4 decks which many people dont like to do.

Dunno how easily this could be done (cue someone sayin that its easy to code) but if someone wants to flesh this out ill put it on someones desk at NI.

I love it...

yes that sounds something like i was thinking, but even more elaborate - definitely could work that way as well.

i suppose the idea was more along the lines of how you can load multiple samples into a sampler like Kontakt, and each sample is triggerable by a certain keyrange. but in the case of Traktor, the difference would be that instead of being able to hold multiple samples per Kontakt instrument, it would be multiple songs per Traktor deck - and rather than being triggerable by keyrange, the tracks would be triggerable by cue points.

i'm no coder, but surely this couldn't be too difficult to put into the software considering Kontakt is capable of similar function - my only concern is if it would require much more CPU to run the software or not?

Tech Mentor

All I ask for (as someone who is switching from Serato to Traktor), is the ability to have side by side waveforms. PLEASE NI PLEASE PELASE PLEASE.

Honestly, think about how many people will switch because of it! I'm not switching because of this, but I would really love it.

-PL>Y

couldnt you just waste the screen real estate, open all 4 decks, then route decks A and C out while not using decks B and D. this way, they are somewhat stacked on each other (albeit separated by a small distance due to resolution). might help a little bit in that area...

edit: new feature request (though I think mentioned above) modular items on main screen. let me put my traktor song list on the right side, let me use deck A, then move deck B below A, or turn off deck B and use deck C.

or something
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast