Traktor Feature Wishlist - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Gr0wTesK View Post
    well i want it to be so that I can tap along to an external source, and it sets the pitch slider accordingly, not the way it does it now where it finds the bpm of the song for you.

i.e.

song is analyzed and it's 128 bpm, but im listening to a song at 135pm and am tapping, it will set the pitch slider at at 135bpm for me. I'm pretty sure thats not how it works currently right?
    If you tap the beat into the Master clock, you can then hit the sync on the decks to achieve that already with the right Master clock mode settings.
    I use the feature sometimes to tap in the BPM of vinyl tracks when switching from vinyl to mp3 or to add beatmatched FX to vinyl tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by ClumsyMoe View Post
    Uh... other than that and keep ironing out small glitches (sound pops when pressing buttons on my controller even if they don't modify the audio going out).
    Aye - not sure it's Traktor at fault here, but I'm not sure.

Oh, and on a totally differnet tip - support for shoutcast broadcasting in mp3 rather than icecast which quite frankly is

a) not supported by very many people
    b) shit

(and yes I'm sure it's to do with the mp3 codec being proprietary, but surely you could follow audacitys lead and just tell people where to plug the LAME encoder ...)

Ta
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Midi learn: twiddle effect with mouse, twiddle knob, effect mapped a la serato, etc.

Also including modifiers: ie holding shift and twiddling knob turns on a cue point...

the midi mapping feature at the moment is archaic.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Please Santa, a fullscreen preferences window. I've been good this year (sorta)
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    I gotcha, kinda like on turntables have your vinyls proped up next to the turntable vs. having them in order in a crate. I could see this like having a small line under the wave form or where the trakc info is letting you know what you have next. It could even be one track at at time and look like windows media playlist of what song is next to play per deck vs. next on the entire playlist. However you could probably just put them in order in a crate and map a short cut....but thats just a workaround.

Good idea.

absolutely, great analogy.
    another way to explain it would be it'd be like having an LP record where you could just move the needle to different parts of the record for different songs rather than having to take the EP records on and off the platter everytime you want to play a new track.

it's these minor tweaks that make digital djing so much more streamlined than analog.
    having a browser w/ search in dj software is 100X more inuitive than having to dig through a record crate - but i think there is still room for improvement. so this type of feature would really up the ante imo.
    i'm glad you agree bro! would be great to see this implemented.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post

the midi mapping feature at the moment is archaic.

the way the midi mapping feature is setup is a necessary evil to accommodate the controls that aren't as easily accessible visually and the more complex routing options.
    midi learn would work great for things like eq knobs, but would be very limiting for many of the other controls.
    fortunately it's something we only have to do once or twice!

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    Phase meters go by the grids not the waves or actual beats. However, I honestly think that with colored wavefroms (the ones in Itch) and flexible beat grids the wave forms don't have to be stacked. You can count on the grids being much more accurate this way than what they are now.

Deck solo - I would think you could map a super button that assigns an fx, and turns it on to each deck execpt for one (the one you want to isolate) and you can assigne it one of the filters maxed out. Think at full max it will work like a mute button??
    You could probably map a button to kill all the EQs, I guess. It's more the importance of an organic quick reduction in volume to mimic sliding all faders down. I was more to be able to do a dramatic FX on one channel when you have all four running! I need another hand, maybe.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

all i wanna have is:
    1. white noise fx
    2. modular layout
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

@ Duerr, is this a way of looking at your idea:

Look at it like Song Groups. (think Photoshop layers?)

Pick a track in Browser, click an icon on 3 other tracks, now they are linked as a Song Group. Load any of those tracks and the other 3 are loaded into the Pre-Deck Area in the same Track Deck. One track is in the Track Deck, 3 others in the pre-deck area.

You could sort a Playlist as Groups, double sorting by Genre.

A way for 2 deck users to get more creative without using 4 decks which many people dont like to do.

Dunno how easily this could be done (cue someone sayin that its easy to code) but if someone wants to flesh this out ill put it on someones desk at NI.

I love it...

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

It's not exactly the same thing, but if your using a playlist you can set the load the next track automatically in the options.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast