Traktor Feature Wishlist - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

add effects

Quote Originally Posted by DJdyve View Post
    3) let me tap in a bpm i want the song to be at

this is already implemented! just popup the advanced tab of your decks!

but for me :

1. The ability to identificate cue points by changing theirs colors!
    2. The possibility to automaticlly trigger stored loops
    3. more modifiers like , when deck is played , when controller X is connected , when fx is on, when bpm is at..etc
    4. Ability to delay some midi command ( that will facilitate the mapping of led for certain controllers.
    5. To highlight some songs in browser ( like in deckadance or PCDJ dont remember which one it was!)
    1- Programmable smart mixing
    2- Ableton-like "scheduling" of playing of a track/cue point/loop in your choice of automation (i.e. on the 1bar, 16th, etc)

OHOHOH...and an auto analysis engine that **PERFECTLY** grids *any* track so that *everything* has an option to be "synced"

...also flying unicorns and free love powered laptops...
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

Tech Wizard

More resolution, but from the sound of it 1.2.7(?) might have taken care of that.

Uh... other than that and keep ironing out small glitches (sound pops when pressing buttons on my controller even if they don't modify the audio going out).

EDIT: You can already activate a loop automatically if you just turn on "activate loop" or whatever it is before you get to the endpoint of the loop. It works if you do it before the loop as well.
    Last edited by ClumsyMoe; 10-06-2010 at 11:57 PM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gr0wTesK View Post
    well i want it to be so that I can tap along to an external source, and it sets the pitch slider accordingly, not the way it does it now where it finds the bpm of the song for you.

i.e.

song is analyzed and it's 128 bpm, but im listening to a song at 135pm and am tapping, it will set the pitch slider at at 135bpm for me. I'm pretty sure thats not how it works currently right?

this feature would be loads helpful when switching from 1 dj and laptop to another. for examply my friend uses serato and i use traktor, it would be loads easier and smoother if i can tap to the bpm of his last song so i can mix mine in nice and smoothly.

i tihnk the current setup sets up the beatgrids via tap

also

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    is colored wave forms too cliche to ask for?

absolutely not, I wouldnt mind parallel waveforms either.

although i love traktor (and i do know how to use serato). I prefer serato colored and parallel waveform alyout loads better than traktors.
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    is colored wave forms too cliche to ask for?
    This and flexible beatgrids are the two features I think would complete the S4. Stacked waveforms are also great, but not necessary with better waveforms and better griding. This is one area where Itch (IMHO) is much better than Traktor.

Do you guys think NI will ever implement colored waveforms or would that be stepping on Serato's toes?
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    Your main problem with all of this is where the hell would you display this information on the screen.

no no, the way i envision it is that you would still only have one waveform visible per deck so aesthetically it wouldn't look much different than it does already. the only way to see the waveform for the other tracks that the deck is holding would be to switch tracks.
    the benefit of having decks that could hold more than one track at a time is being able to switch between tracks more easily and quickly because the tracks would already be loaded - thus cutting out the cumbersome lag time.

so when you're ready to switch tracks you can do so with the press of a button with zero load time - this would also open up the possibilities for more advanced cue juggling. hope i made myself a bit more clear

Tech Guru

I know a lot of people like the idea of modular interface but I personally prefer TSP UI over Traktor 3's interface. Traktor 3 I found to be very cluttered.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    no no, the way i envision it is that you would still only have one waveform visible per deck so aesthetically it wouldn't look much different than it does already. the only way to see the waveform for the other tracks that the deck is holding would be to switch tracks.
    the benefit of having decks that could hold more than one track at a time is being able to switch between tracks more easily and quickly because the tracks would already be loaded - thus cutting out the cumbersome lag time.

so when you're ready to switch tracks you can do so with the press of a button with zero load time - this would also open up the possibilities for more advanced cue juggling. hope i made myself a bit more clear

I gotcha, kinda like on turntables have your vinyls proped up next to the turntable vs. having them in order in a crate. I could see this like having a small line under the wave form or where the trakc info is letting you know what you have next. It could even be one track at at time and look like windows media playlist of what song is next to play per deck vs. next on the entire playlist. However you could probably just put them in order in a crate and map a short cut....but thats just a workaround.

Good idea.

Why are you guys so obsessed with side-by-side waveforms? Are da ickle phase meters too confusing for woo?

Anyway, deck solo command. Would be useful to have a button to hold down to solo a deck. It wouldn't just cut all other tracks but fade them down organically like slamming the channel faders. It could either be toggle or push to activate.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    Why are you guys so obsessed with side-by-side waveforms? Are da ickle phase meters too confusing for woo?

Anyway, deck solo command. Would be useful to have a button to hold down to solo a deck. It wouldn't just cut all other tracks but fade them down organically like slamming the channel faders. It could either be toggle or push to activate.
    Phase meters go by the grids not the waves or actual beats. However, I honestly think that with colored wavefroms (the ones in Itch) and flexible beat grids the wave forms don't have to be stacked. You can count on the grids being much more accurate this way than what they are now.

Deck solo - I would think you could map a super button that assigns an fx, and turns it on to each deck execpt for one (the one you want to isolate) and you can assigne it one of the filters maxed out. Think at full max it will work like a mute button??

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast