Question about custom mapping an S4
    Tech Mentor

Default Question about custom mapping an S4

Hi guys,

So I guess I'll start small here, because I'm not fully sure how the S4 underlying mappins work. How does one go about implementing a mapping that someone else have already created into the S4?

On Traktorbible.com, there are some free .tsi files that some really nice people have shared. Since I'm not skilled with putting together mappings yet, I figured trying one of these free mappings would be a great start. Specifically the mapping that turns the deck faders into master clock faders.
    This one ----> http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=102

So from what I read when I first got the S4, was that changing the mappings could completely screw things up! I love the S4 exactly the way it is, and would like the ability to revert back to the original settings. So my question is this:

If I import the .tsi for the mapping I mentioned above, should my S4 just automatically change to the newly imported mapping? If I just delete the .tsi after, should everything go back to the way it was before? And lastly, has anyone tried this mapping? It has a lot of good fuctionality, theoretically, for mixing tracks with very different tempos.

-PL>Y

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

you can always restore to default in the S4 tab in prefs

Tech Mentor

Ahh, gotcha

Do you know if, one resetting, I would need to re-install the updated drivers?

-PL>Y

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PRESSPL>Y View Post
    Ahh, gotcha

Do you know if, one resetting, I would need to re-install the updated drivers?

-PL>Y
    You won't need to update them again.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community