NanoPAD/Korg Kontrol Editor problems
    Tech Wizard

Default NanoPAD/Korg Kontrol Editor problems

Sorry for posting this in this forum, but I know you guys will give better answers and in a more timely manner than other places.

My NanoPAD has worked great, but I am trying to use it in conjunction with my VCI-100SE, so I am trying to change some of the note values in the Kontrol Editor to not conflict with the new mapping. To do this I am using the Kontrol Editor, which in theory is an easy way to configure the unit, but when I try to communicate with the NanoPAD to write the new configurations, I get "Failed to open MIDI port". I know it is communicating with the computer since I have used it previously with the factory configuration. I followed the trouble shooting guide and all is ok with my settings and I have an updated driver. Is this a problem with Windows 7? I don't see anywhere that it supports Windows 7, but I would think it should. I also searched the korg forums without success.

I am a MIDI newbie, so maybe I am missing something obvious. Thanks.

Tech Wizard

I may have found the fix to my problem. Since others might encounter the same issue, I will leave this thread and tell you what I found:

Apparently there is a FIX for the driver when used on Windows 7, it can be downloaded with instructions from the Korg website: http://www.korg.com/SupportResults.aspx?productid=415

I haven't had time to run this yet, but hopefully it will solve the problem with the Kontrol Editor.

Edit: This did solve the problem. Seems to work fine now.
    Last edited by Kainos; 03-25-2010 at 12:10 PM.