BPM 2010, Day 1 Pics Anyone ? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    LOL... I tweeted that Westend were doing TSP at £249 , i was absolutely amazed.
    In fact i went to the stand to look at a Mono Producer bag and there were 2 guys talking to the salesman about TSD and TSP. The guy who was thinking of buying saw my Traktor Bible t-shirt and asked "do you use Traktor mate, do you know much about it"... i just said "yeah i know some stuff".
    He asked if i knew the difference between DUO and PRO so i said the main thing is you cannot record in Duo internally which he instantly thought he could not do without.

He asked me if i though it was a good deal. The whol TSP for less that the Audio 8 on its own....... ITS_A_FUCKIN_STEAL...

I stood there talking to him for 15 minutes explaining why i knew what i knew and he asked me about the X1 as well.

He whipped his credit card out and bought TSP and an X1 right in front of me. The guy and his mate were really nice blokes and they couldnt thank me enough for the advice.

I then asked the salesman about the bag and he said "£90"... i said "come on man, i just got you a TSP and X1 sale, you can do a bit more?"... he said "No" so i walked off... Its £100 normally and i dont need it.
    Hey Karlos, I signed up just to reply to your post!

Firstly thanks for popping by our stand and tweeting our deals!

I was wondering where all the Traktor Bible flyers on our counter had come from!

Secondly, thanks for chatting to our customer and helping seal the deal (though I know that guy and the sale was already pretty much in the bag from what I know!)

Just about the Mono bag, the 'normal' price on that is actually £115 and we reduced it to £99 for the show. Generally we can't go much lower than our show deals, so for you to be offered a further 10% off was pretty good.

However, if you hit me up on a private message, I'll sort you out and ship it to you!

Some people were still trying to haggle us down to get even more discount on the Traktor deals, can you believe it?!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Hey WestendDJ, i was Tweeting pics from the show all day and as soon as i saw your deal i Tweeted it and got quite a few replies.

First, off massive props on that deal it was genuinely amazing. I actually had to go back that it wasnt the Educational Product... I only wish i had the money on me to buy 10 of them and flog them on eBay but my girlfriend physically took the credit card out of my hand before i left the house (so i only had just enough for the bag anyway).

I wasnt being rude about the salesman, he has a limit on what he can do, i know that and to be honest that guy would have bought either TSD or TSP anyway, but it was sealed with the Recording Feature of TSP.
    In all honesty i was happy to help the guy, i can talk about Traktor all day long which i do as Moderator of the NI DJ Forum.

I have actually bought a few products from you guys in the passed in fact my girlfriend got me some Qbert Carts from you guys for my birthday and you are one of the few stockist that i recommend on the N.I. forum because of the service ive received. Its important to me to be able to recommend good stores when people ask and they do ask a lot.

I cannot believe people were trying to haggle it down...

Thanks for the offer, i will PM you straight away...

Welcome to DJTTs and thanks for replying (glad i didnt say anything nasty about you guys... as if i would)

Karlos

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karlos santos View Post
    but my girlfriend physically took the credit card out of my hand before i left the house
    lol :d
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by WestendDJ

Some people were still trying to haggle us down to get even more discount on the Traktor deals, can you believe it?!
    Ha, Really!

250 quid looks set to remain most repeated quote of 2010 between my fellow dj friends and I, still can't believe a guy bought ssl 3 after he watched my friend by Traktor for 249.

Christ, when looking at your deals I totaled a NI luxory whore package to just over a grand, which included

Maschine

Traktor Scratch Pro

Komplete 7

Thats an ef load of NI for a little over 1000! awesome deal westenddj

(note to self, must take more money next year)

It really made me laugh the contrast between the dj store stand and westenddj.

Bless the dj store and there gaffer tap mini pyramid display, considering the amount of mobile/wedding jocks were there, I guess they were pretty busy, it looked like a bloody flee market compared to the westenddj stand.
    Last edited by tekki; 10-06-2010 at 02:02 PM.

"BPM 2010, Pics Anyone?"

How about a vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea6gMSdXLBs

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dubba Dutch View Post
    Did any one else see how much westenddj were selling Traktor Scratch Pro for!!!
    My friend went to BPM to save a few quid on a copy of Ableton and ended up spending £250!! on TSP, the really funny thing was the next customer behind my mate bought SSL3 for £500, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hah ah ah ah ha ha ha, the Serato tool was there to actually watch my friend spend half the money he was for 10 times the features and a million times the soundcard and the div still spent £500 on SSL 3. ( I actually laughed out loud and got a bit of a look from him when he asked for SSL3 )

are you serious? You actually laughed at a stranger at a tradeshow for buying a product other than traktor? You TSP fanboys are a riot.

Awesome sarcasm, yeah I appreciate that was a fan boy comment, but you can't blame a Traktor fan boy from being amused at some one choosing to spend twice the money to get at those pretty parallel waveforms.

£250 for a far superior Soundcard, twice the Timecode carrier signal, the most powerful midi map-abilities any dj software has ever seen, serious effects, doesn't need the Bridge to work with Ableton. Ok many Serato users don't want all that, well there was Traktor Duo at BPM for £150!!, which still has a far superior Soundcard, twice the Timecode carrier signal, the most powerful midi map-abilities any dj software has ever seen and many quality fx.
    So yeah I find it funny full stop that people choose Serato over Traktor especially when they base it on lay out of colour waveforms and the tired ancient mantra of it "just works". (Suppose when you think about it there isn't much else to base your argument for choosing Serato). Hence when I saw some one spending twice the money than really needed (in terms of features), I chuckled.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345