4 Deck Touch OSC Traktor Mappings - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

touch OSC has an X/Y Control that can do exactly that.

But I prefer interacting with the FX using knobs and buttons so I dont have that stuff setup.

@aplus

Firstly thanks for your swift reply to my problem on the other thread.
    Secondly thankyou very much for sharing your OSC mapping. It is much appreciated and would have taken me a very very long time to design (barely know where to start).

Unfortunately I ran into a few problems getting it to work properly for me, here's what happened:
    - I synced the 4deckOSC_HiRes.touchosc file to my iphone no problem (looks good!)

- I opened the Traktor4DeckHiRes OSCulator patch in OSCulator

- Imported the OSC_FX.tsi into the midi mapping section.

Traktor wasnt able to receive the midi input from the phone. So I compared your OSCulator file to another one I have for a working Traktor OSC map and found that your one worked if I changed the 'OSC input port' to 9000 (it was set to 8000, which is the output port in my setup).

I wonder if this is of use to anyone else who may have had difficulty?

Despite this when I used the OSC map the midi controls had become mixed up. For example:
    - Play/Pause toggle for deck A in the overview page also toggles deck B mid EQ from 0% to 100% on the Traktor internal mixer.
    - Deck b volume slider in overview also slides the internal x-fader
    - Large echo button in bottom left corner of overview window acts as play/pause for deck b

I have no idea how this has happened as i'm definately using the right OSCulator patch with the right .tsi file.... I can't get my head round re-mapping the .tsi file and I'm itching to use your map aplus!

Any suggestions much appreciated,
    thanks again,
    Ctrl.Alt.Crash

Tech Wizard

I think what is going on is that you might have another midi device mapped in your settings so when Osculator sends a signal from the phone with my mapping for example ch1.cc.02 that midi signal is also mapped to do something else on another mapping. Can you delete any extra controller mappings you have and try again ?

aplus - (and others having problems)

When you export your mapping, do it from the "edit" drop menu (right below the "Device" select where it says Generic midi etc etc.) Before exporting I would name it using the "edit comment" option to make it easier to identify.

When you export from here it exports the settings for just the controller selected. This is how you save a tsi mapping for each controller. I save mine in the Traktor directory > Settings >...... Mappings > where I have created a folder "MY NAME Mappings". Makes it very easy to find when I need to import one. I also have a folder named "Custom Mappings" where I put all the ones I download, such as yours. I put them here before I import them.

To import the mapping, use the "Add" drop menu in the control editor (below the Device select drop menu). Select "Import" and then browse to where you saved it (in my case the "Custom Mappings" folder I mentioned above). Select and open it, it should then be loaded. If it is not showing, select it using the "Device" select drop down. Once selected just make sure your Port in & out settings are correct.

If you try to export a mapping from the preferences export (where you tried to export by selecting control mapping) it exports all the currently loaded mappings as a control setup. This is how you would save a group of controller mappings. Say you have 4 different controllers, you use 2 for some gigs, 3 for some, or 4 for some. You could save a controller group setup with just the mappings needed. You would import this control group tsi using the Preferences import (selecting control mapping) & load it for the gig. Much easier to do this, then to load each individual mapping every gig. The tsi file exported here will look for the individual mappings in their saved locations. So if you do not have the individual mapping saved where it knows to find it, then it will not show the mapping as created. Make sense?

Another suggestion is to delete any device mappings listed in the Device drop down that you do not use. Just select the mapping under device, then selct "Delete" in the "Edit" drop down. This can help eliminate some control problems due to duplicated assignments.

Hope this helps.
    "MAY THE FUNK BE WITH YOU!"

Tech Student

Hi!!! i tried import the osculator file and i get a error...

The document “Traktor4Deck_HiRes” could not be opened. The file isn’t in the correct format.

The file might be corrupted, truncated, or in an unexpected format.

I tried download many times...

know how i can this it working?
    thanks very much!!!

Tech Convert

Hello this is so cool!!!

I'm a lil over excited yes, but anyway. From what I can tell this set up is only mac available? I obviously am running Traktor on a pc. Can someone direct me to a suitable bridge between my iPhone 3GS (With OSC app installed) and my Vista based pc. I went to the OSCulator site, and from what I could see it was only mac.

Please?!?!?!?!?!?

I got this to work on PC using touchosc-editor-1.4.1-win32 to sync the layout to my iphone 4.

First I installed Pure Data http://puredata.info/downloads

Next Install Midi Yoke http://www.midiox.com/index.htm?http....com/myoke.htm (this is going to be the midi drivers which you can use with traktor)

After Installing PD I downloaded. http://hexler.net/pure-data-patch-generator which converts touchosc layouts to PD.

Once converted run your newly converted PD file.

Every time you open a PD layout go to Media>Midi Settings

On my computer I set my Output device to Midi Yoke 1

In traktor Pro go to file>controller Manager and change device from Generic Keyboard to Generic Midi

The last step is a pain but at least its doable.

You will click "Add in" select a button would like to map.

Once you selected a button like "Play/pause" click "learn" and press the button on your iphone that you want to be your play button.

( dont forget that you must tell the iphone app what your pc's ip is. )

Tech Wizard

Ok, got some updates to the mapping. Its been a year and half since i made the first version of my mapping and alot has changed in the world of traktor, touchOSC and iOS. Ive also used my mapping enough to discover the weaknesses in my original layouts. So ive been grinding away in Traktor and touchOSC to overhaul my new layout. The biggest upgrades:

100% coreMIDI
    no more need for osculator. Super low latency ~= 0ms, higher accuracy and resolution. Easier to configure

Made for Traktor 2.1.2

Jog Wheels & Scratching for each deck
    super stoked on this. Jog wheels for each deck can control: key +/-, tempo+/-, pitch bend, scratching.

Full Loop & Cue controls
    Intuitive interface for setting and adjusting loops on each deck. All 8 cues with LED indicators for type CUE,LOOP,GRID,LOAD.

New Ergonomics
    No more finger twisting and cherry picking. Hold the phone in your hand and use your thumbs to access all the functionality.

Maintains 4 deck mixing & 4 fx controls
    Still got all 4 faders and fx controls on the front page for easy access. Beatmasher, filter, turntablefx, echo freeze.

Im still tweaking it but its functionally ready to be used. Id love to hear feedback. Im gonna hold back on explaining every single function until its 100% done but most of it is pretty self explanatory, and ill answer questions ppl have.

zip w/ .tsi and .touchosc layout.
    http://cl.ly/3214312s1g1023023z3y

deck controls:
    photo 8.jpg

any new for traktor 2.6.0 ???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12