Fader FX (no VCI SE) almost working
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Fader FX (no VCI SE) almost working

Hi everyone,

I was trying to copy the fader FX mapping of the VCI 100 SE for any controller and this is what I came up with. This tsi was the best I could do without special firmware. It turns effect 3 on when effect 2 is at value 93%.

But the problem is. When I move the fader slowly, it works alright but when I move the fader too quick it does'nt work. But maby this is because I am using an old crappy Hercules DJ Console MP3. I don't know but maby it works better with better controllers.

Could you please test it for me and tell me if it works better on your controller ?

If it doesn't work at all, you may have to change the rotary sensitivity of the modifier i used.

ATTENTION :
    1)This is not a tsi for a full controller. It only tries to copy the volume fader of the VCI 100 SE in fader FX mode
    2) You have to map all the controlls to one fader using midi learn.

Tech Guru

Thanks brother I'll give it a try if I can get it to work either as you state or tweak to give a little better response I'll try to add it to my new Numark TC mapping. I'll be sure to mention where I got it thou :P

Tech Guru

THIS WORKS!!!!

I did this on a VCI-300. I had to invert the commands as the fader FX was working from top to bottom. I messed around a bit, tried a few different things, it effect 3 was turning on sometimes at the bottom other times it wouldn't...then effect 2 would not turn off. Ultimately I think I just raised the sensitivity a bit and it's working great. Gonna use this on the VCI-300 mapping being worked on. You sir, are a pimp Great job!
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Wizard

Works as a charm!!

Nicely done man, tested it on my MPD24 and it worked smoothly, just had to map everything to one fader as you said

Tech Guru

i say it's a 90% solution. There's a few times effect 3 stays on when go to fast. Or it comes on a tad bit early. Maybe this can be played with a bit. Having had a VCI-100 previously I will say it's close to Fader FX on an SE, but really if you have room for modifiers to work this into your TSI, it's better than not having it at all.

Did the same some months ago using modifiers but dropped the system in the end as it wasn't very reliable and cant' be trusted.

The reason it doesn't work when the fader is moved quickly is because the controller doesn't send every step like so..

1,2,3,4,5,6... etc

But if you move it quickly.. it will send

And the bottom line is that the conditionals in traktor are VERY basic, there are very limited options.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Tech Wizard

hmmmm weird. I am using the mapping on one of my Akai Mpd24 faders and it works perfectly. Whenever i reach 93% of the value, the second effect turns on; i even tried movin the fader realllyyyyyyyyy fast and still had no issues so far.

I guess im just gettin lucky

it could be the akai works differently Not all controllers will react in the same way.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    The reason it doesn't work when the fader is moved quickly is because the controller doesn't send every step like so..

1,2,3,4,5,6... etc

But if you move it quickly.. it will send

And the bottom line is that the conditionals in traktor are VERY basic, there are very limited options.

Yeah I guessin the 300 works the same way. If I move it too fast it messes up a bit. Could still be useful for certain effects though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast