1st gig in 6 years tonight...... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

ROCK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice one!

Pics....or it didn't happen!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

This thread needs a hollywood ending...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    This thread needs a hollywood ending...

aaaand i'm spent.

THE END

Seriously where da photos iz?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Hes probably still in bed recovering.
    Im expecting him to get back to use either very late tonite or tomorrow afternoon.

Right I survived but Friday night continued until very early this morning. Had to move house today which wasn't good. I will update, with pics, tomorrow when I can peel my eye lids apart.

Needless to say thought it was pretty awesome!! Watch this space!!!
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Nicely done!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Mentor

cherry popin' is the best part!!... just make sure you take some liquid courage before ur set!

Tech Guru

Congrats man! I'm waiting for the pics!

22hrs and no update
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Hey peeps, sorry for the delay. Been mad having moved house and I haven't seen my mate with the camera to get the pics, will upload tomorrow but anyway here goes:

Got there about 2am and it's rammed, my mate has been playing since 11.30 and is tired so it got to 3 and he kicked me on. I had already set up which meant not too many troubles and luckily all worked without a hitch, he didn't want me to kill the tunes so I had to to beat match with the VCI against his CDJ's on the other channel which I have to admit is something I hadn't tried very much and there were a few wobbles but I pulled it off and no one really noticed, the levels were slightly different and I had to tweak the outputs from Traktor to suit. For some reason the bass was really low compared to the CDJ output? Had to give it a boost.
    My mate plays quite alternative housy tracks with some garage type breaks (see Joy Orbison tunes as example) but by that point the music was start to kick on and people were up for the dance so after starting fairly low with some bouncy house I kicked up a gear into some faster electro and played one of my little sets that I had worked on which helped as the crowd really got with the flow. All went fairly smooth until about 4.30 but then my mate came back and wanted to get some back to back going which is where I suffered a bit. The beat matching didn't work out great for me, I set the pitch range lower to try and compensate but it still felt not as great as I remember decks being so after about 20 mins of trying I had to hand back over and he closed til 5.30 but was happy to do so I'm ok with that. Tip for myself to work on for the future is to practice the beat matching against another channel through my old mixer. It will help as my mate does want me to do it again!!!
    I got a lot of compliments at the end though and was so buzzin off playing again that I didn't really care about the small problems.
    We then went on to a house party after where I set up again and we continued until Sunday mornin!! Lol
    I have an hour of the set recorded and once I get the internet set up in my new gaff (i'm at a mates at the mo) I'll load pics and set up!!!
    Any other questions, let me know, it's still a bit of a blur to be honest!!
    Peace out peeps (i need sleep still, still felt rough this morning)
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast