VCI-100 with Traktor Pro (4 decks/each selectable separately) - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I just checked the Deck Load Que issue you were talking about blanco, and I couldn't duplicate it. It works for me. Only thing I can think of is maybe your que wasn't set to Load maybe, not to make you sound like you don't know what you're doing, but some of my tracks have multiple Que points on top of each other for loops, grids, and regular que points, and I have ran into the problem of not setting the que to the right type at first.

Speaking of which, I wish there was a way to map a keyboard key to the type of que point you wanted to set.

Another thing I was trying to get done tonight was to make it so when you go into monitor select, x-fader side select, deck copy, and deck loading, the deck you were previously controlling would be controlled again after you exited that mode, but I'm still working on that issue. Due to the modifier setup, it's not as simple as returning to a zero state. I would have to use the "set default" option under each modifier, but due to a lack of documentation, I have yet to make it work.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJPhaidon View Post
    I just checked the Deck Load Que issue you were talking about blanco, and I couldn't duplicate it. It works for me. Only thing I can think of is maybe your que wasn't set to Load maybe, not to make you sound like you don't know what you're doing, but some of my tracks have multiple Que points on top of each other for loops, grids, and regular que points, and I have ran into the problem of not setting the que to the right type at first.
    Trying it out again. I just loaded your settings again. Still not happening for me. Deck Load marker on Load. I'm pretty diligent about setting up load markers and a few beat grid markers on all newly imported tracks. I'm very anal about it actually. So, I KNOW that this is not the case here. I'll still try to muck about and see if I can get it to work. I'm still trying to learn your config. There are things that I really like in both yours and Ean's that I like, but need more time totally finalize what I'd ultimately like to settle with.

As a final aside Phaidon, I just returned from San Diego for a little X-Mas vacation visiting the folks, but, I didn't make it out anywhere for any nightlife.
    Last edited by blancodisco; 12-31-2008 at 12:59 AM.
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Setup: VCI-100 SE 1.4, MidiFighter, Audio 8, Audio 2, Griffin PowerMate, WD Passport 500GB, MacBookPro 8GB RAM, Uberstand, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Trainspotter, iPhone 4, TouchOSC & Noel's 4D Templates

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be that, but it was the only thing I could think of. I even went through the assignments to see if it's possible to trigger it when loading a track, but it's only available in the config settings.

Same here, except left San Diego, and was stuck in a place with no nightlife and I went out every night, sucked. We would have probably missed each other, but next time your out here, hit me up.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Tech Wizard

I'm basically experiencing the issue detailed here on the NI Forum:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ht=load+marker

Funny, now it (deck load to cue) is NOT working on Ean's TSI config.
    And just to explain a bit further, the current Cue Point just loads to the top of the track, but the Red playhead line if you will... IS aligned properly to the Load Cue Marker in the Deck (see pic)

Quote Originally Posted by DJPhaidon View Post
    Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be that, but it was the only thing I could think of. I even went through the assignments to see if it's possible to trigger it when loading a track, but it's only available in the config settings.
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Setup: VCI-100 SE 1.4, MidiFighter, Audio 8, Audio 2, Griffin PowerMate, WD Passport 500GB, MacBookPro 8GB RAM, Uberstand, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Trainspotter, iPhone 4, TouchOSC & Noel's 4D Templates

Noticed everything in the pic, and read the forum post. Seems to be a problem for some people and not others. Interesting indeed. Hopefully NI responds with something.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Tech Wizard

Did some practice/jamming on the Phaidon TSI this eve/early nye morning... and i'm having some fun doing some 3 deck (not quite ready for 4 just yet) action and do wish that you could find a way in loop mode, to work the transport in a least the jog wheel mode to be able to lightly nudge loops in /out. One, to correct and 2.. you can create very cool flange effects.

Starting to get use to this set up though. Tomorrow, I'll bang on Ean's latest 4 deck version and see where that takes me.
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Tech Convert

any updates on this tsi DJ Phidon?

Well, long story short, not at this time. After messing with Live a lot the last few months, and still messing with traktor, I realized that my setup would never be the way that I would like it with a VCI. I did some searching and was considering using a Korg Zero 8 to control Live and completely get rid of traktor, but then I was still unconvinced that the workflow in Live was as simple and as quick as traktor. So, after pulling my hair out on a solution, I found that the Jazzmutant Lemur was on sale at almost half price, which would be one of my ultimate solutions, so I couldn't pass it up. I already sold my VCI and am just waiting for the Lemur in the mail.

I did notice that a few of the ideas from my setup and a few from Kyoti's setup have been used in the DJTT official .tsi on and off, so I would say that my .tsi overall was a success, even though it ended mostly unfinished. More tricks to come with Traktor though, cause I'm already at work making a few new tricks with my Traktor/Live hybrid setup.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Coding LED's in the current version of Bomes isnt spectacuarly fun, Bomes is actually running a beta of the next version at the moment that makes coding LED's alot easier.... ....my advice is to sign up for the beta or if you have gigs hold out for the stable version release....
    I'm planning on building my own MIDI controller. Before getting there i've been mapping a A&H1d to it's limits. I'm also trying out visual/mechanical feedback with BCR2000 and soon BCF2000. My layout will be a 4deck, 4fx, (illuminated) arcade, all in one unit or split in 4 separate units. Pushencoder for browser on each deck or a seperate browserunit. First i sketched an all in one unit thinking I would be satisfied with none or only one fader, getting most done with encoders. Now, one year later, I believe it would be better having 16. They could be used for fx, decksettings, tempo-key-filter-gain , (deckvolume and eq), or even controlling external DMX-box. The most important though would be alternating between fx and deckcontrols.

What could go wrong with Traktor Scratch Pro ?
    Send Monitor State sounds good but it would have to be v.2, capable of filtering out what is important for the modifierconditions used after a modifierchange. And perhaps it would also need to be an ms-delay on the monitorsend so it could be triggered from the modifierbutton without reading the wrong modifierconditions that was in use before the modifierchange.

BentoSan, can you help giving me an update on the quote above regarding Bomes version history and if it could help me achive my goals with modifiers and moving faders.

Also futurerequest: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...8&postcount=31
    Last edited by orjan; 04-19-2009 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orjan View Post
    BentoSan, can you help giving me an update on the quote above regarding Bomes version history and if it could help me achive my goals with modifiers and moving faders
    The new version of Bomes 1.7 is out now, it allows for multiple midi connections both in and out. This means its possible to connect the in and out of your device to the in and out of the software instead of just the out of your hardware going though bomes and into the program.

I wouldnt use midi modifers and instead use Bomes which is a much much more powerful system that will give you alot more control over Traktor.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast