*BUILD LOG* Traktor Controller - Livid Brain
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default *BUILD LOG* Traktor Controller - Livid Brain

Hi all. I thought I'd share my DIY project. I've been slowly collecting parts and have finally started building.

My goal was to design a controller around a Livid Brain that could control 2 decks in Traktor. I mix externally with a 2 channel mixer so my controller will only be used for cue points, effects, transport, loop control, etc..

In addition to the Brain, I have purchased arcade buttons, nifty button pads from sparkfun, linear and rotary potentiometers and some other odds and ends.

The panels are made out of G-10 Fiberglass. All holes have been cut with a drill and a dremel...

Enough rambling. Here are some pictures:

This is how it looks now... I'm still waiting for pots, faders, buttons, and led's from futurlec.com

Can't wait to mash these arcade buttons!

Here's a SketchUp of the finished product.

Looking super good already! I'm thinking of creating my own controller (someday) so I'm just curious to possibly hear why you picked this particular layout as compared to a more "traditional" layout?

How do you like the Livid Brain? i am also going to be using it for my DIY 4 channel midi mixer.

Quote Originally Posted by Unimagination View Post
    Looking super good already! I'm thinking of creating my own controller (someday) so I'm just curious to possibly hear why you picked this particular layout as compared to a more "traditional" layout?
    Thanks! Currently I mix with an external mixer and an Axiom 25 keyboard, I'm used to lots of buttons as opposed to jog wheels. I really wanted to have independent control of each deck as well.

Quote Originally Posted by eataskdotcom View Post
    How do you like the Livid Brain? i am also going to be using it for my DIY 4 channel midi mixer.
    The Livid Brain is a really good solution for a DIY controller. I would highly recommend it. It is however very expensive (i was lucky enough to pick mine up for 100 used). I wish it supported endless rotary encoders too.

Where were you able to get it for 100 used? That's a real deal. I'm waiting for the next pay check to buy mine.

Hi there @pumpkin2themax finally you posted the thread about this controller.

I used your idea and work from it to make a design of my own, but i have a question how do you plan to connect the two units with only one livid brain.

I hope you post some more pictures soon, also i would love to see how are you plugging your arcade buttons to the brain.

Best wishes....
    "Dance Dance Dance just being a geek"

Quote Originally Posted by eataskdotcom View Post
    Where were you able to get it for 100 used? That's a real deal. I'm waiting for the next pay check to buy mine.
    I found it on the DJTT "Buy & Sell" forum.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarjmg View Post
    Hi there @pumpkin2themax finally you posted the thread about this controller.

I used your idea and work from it to make a design of my own, but i have a question how do you plan to connect the two units with only one livid brain.

I hope you post some more pictures soon, also i would love to see how are you plugging your arcade buttons to the brain.

Best wishes....
    Cool! I'd love to see your design. The original plan was to have a wiring harness go between the two units, but I think for the sake of simplicity I'm going to mount the two units in the same enclosure.

The buttons are plugged into the Brain via a "diode matrix" lots of information can be found here about the brain:
    http://wiki.lividinstruments.com/wiki/Brain

This section talks about the button matrix:
    http://wiki.lividinstruments.com/wik...n#Diode_Matrix

For now, I'm waiting for the rest of my parts to come in before I can post any more progress.

Default Another idea

So, as i told you before i was thinking in something like this here´s and idea of it.

I wanted to know if someone have thought about putting the beatjuggle buttons (lower ones) on the way i put them, i have never try that but i think that if they are not aligned you could use the upper 4 to better beatjuggle.

The 4 ones that i put above and the upper fader are for FX´S using arcade buttons as values on the effects is just awesome i do it with my LPD8, is like using them to loop roll.
    "Dance Dance Dance just being a geek"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast