blue led burnt - what mcd? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

weird..
    i got vestax germany to send me a replacement led, i desoldered the old one and replaced it with the new one and it still doesnt work :?
    it's D3 the bottom most left button. mapping is ok, changed it to be sure, but nothing.
    the green led works just fine, but theres nothing lit when there should be blue.. :/
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    weird..
    i got vestax germany to send me a replacement led, i desoldered the old one and replaced it with the new one and it still doesnt work :?
    it's D3 the bottom most left button. mapping is ok, changed it to be sure, but nothing.
    the green led works just fine, but theres nothing lit when there should be blue.. :/
    This may be obvious, but are you sure you got the LED the right way round? the anode (+ve, indicated by the shorter leg and flat part on the plastic of the LED) goes into the side indicated by the little lightning symbol on the board.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

incredible. the legs of the led they sent me were cutted, but wrong.. didn't know about the flat plastic part as an indicator, changed directions and everything works now..
    thanks a lot..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    incredible. the legs of the led they sent me were cutted, but wrong.. didn't know about the flat plastic part as an indicator, changed directions and everything works now..
    thanks a lot..
    hehe, one thing I've learnt from all my LED replacing is to check the LED first! I always powered up the VCI then touched the ends of the LED to the pads to make sure everything was working. One time I failed to do this so the LED went in fine but I hadn't realised I had the board upside down relative to the way I had been doing it, pulled the LED out and in doing so nearly ripped off the grounding pad - not good. I was more careful after that!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12