Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade - Page 8
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 1878blues View Post
    - shift plus filter does not adjust the key properly anymore and it seems to just glitch?
    This was the first thing i tried and discovered, I was expecting the improvement in the setting to make the pitch really playable
    It would be nice if it was assigned to the pitch faders say via shift+ffx that would make it nice and playable

Tech Student

Hi guys,

I'm using my own mapping (based on the Ean's 2.5v .TSI, plus some mods by myself).
    I'm afraid in upgrade my VCI's firmware from 1.3 (current) to 1.4, 'cause I don't really know if will need to remap lot of knobs/jogs/buttons to remain having my "special" TSI.
    Will the below re mappings the ONLY stuff I'll need to deal to?
    I really like to have a full MIDI map (like that one on the last page of the VCI 100 manual) including ALL the MIDI notes for the new 1.4 firmware.

Many thanks in advance folks!

P

Quote Originally Posted by DaveX View Post
    Thanks for your support guys!

I'm happy it was possible to adapt the DJTT mapping to support this new firmware, but for those using their own mapping, here's a list of all the changes changes since firmware 1.3.

Time for me to reassemble the unit and start mixing!

VCI-100 unofficial firmware 1.4 by DaveX
    ==========================================

After long hours of reverse-engineering, here's an improved firmware for your VCI!

New features
    ============
    - 4x pitch faders resolutions
    - 4x jog wheel resolution
    - All the buttons under the jog wheels can now be lit using MIDI out messages
    - Left sync button is now mapped to note G-8 (73 hex) and behaves like right one (no more hardware toggle) (LED is still mapped to note A#4, 46 hex)
    - Filter knobs send both regular 0-127 CC message only (unlike 1.3 firmware)
    - A MIDI CC command is sent along with the Note ON command when the pitch fader is centered (so it's possible to reach the exactly the center position even using the DJTT mappings)
    - Outer part of jog wheels sends Midi ON/OFF message on separate channel when in scratch mode (channel 2)

Usage
    =====

You must change the following to your Traktor mappings:

1) Remap your pitch faders:

- Deck A/C Tempo = CH02.PitchBend
    - Deck B/D Tempo = CH03.PitchBend
    - Deck A/C Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C0
    - Deck B/D Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C#0

1) Remap your inner jog wheel messages in normal mode and in scratch mode

The messages are the same (CC16, CC17, CC18 and CC19) but on channel 2
    instead of channel 1

2) Divide the jog wheel sensibility by 4

3) Remap the left sync button

Bonus #1
    ========

Did you know that there's a factory test mode hidden in every VCI ? It's used in the factory to test all the buttons, faders, knobs and LEDs.

With 1.4 firmware: While your VCI is off, hold RIGHT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

With previous firmwares: While your VCI is off, hold LEFT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

Bonus #2
    ========

Nobody on the dancefloor ? Boot your VCI in easter egg mode and beat the hidden game to enter the "Disco Mode" and see the crowd jumpin' in the air!!

That works only with 1.4 firmware of course, VCI will get detected by computer once Disco Mode is activated so you may use it "as usual". Hint: same trigger as factory test mode but with different buttons

No headphones cue working hear. Has there been a solution to this yet.. not easy to look At present as on phone (
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Convert

I changed fw to 1.4

I hope new tsi will come soon (3.6 very strange works)

In disco mode my controller is not respond, may be somebody describe me how it works? And factory test mode dont work too or i dont understand how it works.
    Vestax VCI-100 (FW1.3)
    Lenovo Y-450, Core 2 Duo 2.4 (P8600), 4Gb Ram, 500Gb HDD
    Audio 2 DJ
    Win7 32-bit, Traktor Pro 1.2.4

wierd things just started to work eventually.

I think when you first load it there maybe a load of odifiers in strange states so you have to fiddle for a while to ake everything kind if reset itself.

I think everything working so far apart from i have a strange bug with the shift button where it seems to work as a browser tree upscroll which is kind of annoying.

when you load a new tsi into traktor, i always restart the program twice and it usually gets the tsi working if any buttons dont work.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

yeah did that as normal but still didn't seem to have any effect. Just kept on fiddling and messing with things and slowly but surely all the things that were playing up now work. Apart from the shift bug thing. Will look at that in more detail tomorrow eve.

Oh and i think i'm gona have to go down the bomes route as the midi out prob is a right pain in the ass. or maybe go through some of the leds that i dont need and unmap them to stop so much midi data flying back and forth.

Tech Guru

Default serial to usb

Is it futile attempting serial to USB flash? I have such cable but no serial port on any computer i own. The firmware and potential for new TSI's looks exciting!
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I've used a USB to serial cable twice now to flash my VCI. On top of that I'm on a Mac running Windows XP.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by D-Kem View Post
    Is it futile attempting serial to USB flash? I have such cable but no serial port on any computer i own. The firmware and potential for new TSI's looks exciting!
    I worked fine for me! Search for my post in the successfully upgraded my firmware thread for details

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast