Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade - Page 35
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Just Upgraded my firmware today. Took me a total of 5 mins. Works like a charm. Once again thank you guys at DJTT. the more sensitive pitch faders are mint! Im rocking an arcade addition, just wondering how one would be able to get into disco mode without seeing the LEDs? if not possible, whatever. vci is still boss!
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Default VCI 100 update

Hi there!

I also got the Error No 15024: Boot failed while trying to update my vci-100 to firmware 1.4.
    I ordered the update kit from djtt and also the recommended serial cable.
    I'm using windows XP with serial-serial connection, did every step like it's shown in the video, but it didn't work. I checked the forum for hours now, tried everything I found like changing com port, setting a delay and other stuff. But i still got the same error message.
    So i decided to stop for today and put everything back in position to use the old firmware for this evening, but when i was finished and switched it on, nothing happend. No LED flashing and my PC can't even see the device.

What's wrong?!

Tech Convert

Default Lamp check

Hi folks,

i could update my vci-100 without any problems. After flashing with V1.3 i have had the correct behaviour with the left sync key, V1.4 does definitely not support this test! I am searching now for a general function check to check out all led's burning in the right colour green and/or blue. Is this function available like it is working on mixing consoles etc.? Are there other check commands to approve the proper work of all buttons and faders of the vci-100?

Cheers

Balou
    MacBook Pro i9 / Air M1, RME Fireface UCX II, Traktor Pro 3, VCI-100 Blk, NI S2 Mk2

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Balou View Post
    Hi folks,

i could update my vci-100 without any problems.... I am searching now for a general function check to check out all led's burning in the right colour green and/or blue. Is this function available like it is working on mixing consoles etc.? Are there other check commands to approve the proper work of all buttons and faders of the vci-100?

Cheers

Balou

yes it is:

With 1.4 firmware: While your VCI is off, hold RIGHT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

With previous firmwares: While your VCI is off, hold LEFT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

Tech Wizard

hello, this may be a stupid question... but I was wondering about how the connection between the computer and the firmware kit works. My computer does have a serial connection... but it is for a monitor. Would this work for connecting the firmware kit to the computer? or do I have to get the usb converter cable?

Tech Wizard

CeeDubbya,
    they look similar, but the vga port for monitors has 3 rows of pins; the serial port for other peripherals has 2 sets of pins. You're probably better off getting a usb/serial cable or adapter

Hope this helps.

Tech Wizard

ok thanks... I had a feeling that wouldn't have worked...

Tech Wizard

Flashed my vci to 1.4 last night I tried several times with windows 7 & codi brand usb 2 serial adaptor and could not get it to work the vci would not power up like it was stuck in boot mode. I ended using an old desktop with XP and serial port and it worked the first time.

Hi, I just bought the 1.4 firmware upgrade from ebay today, so I started to read all this so that when it arrives I can do the upgrade. I only have a mac does that mean I'll have to borrow a PC from someone to do the upgrade ?

all the best
    IPM
    Vestax VCI 100 se Arcade | Traktor Scratch Pro | Ableton Live 8 | N I Audio Kontrol 1 | MacBook Pro 15" | & some other bits & bobs
    My VCI 100 Se DIY Arcade Mod - With upgrade walk through photos
    My Blog
    My Site

Quote Originally Posted by IPM View Post
    Hi, I just bought the 1.4 firmware upgrade from ebay today, so I started to read all this so that when it arrives I can do the upgrade. I only have a mac does that mean I'll have to borrow a PC from someone to do the upgrade ?

all the best
    IPM
    Does anyone know ?
    Vestax VCI 100 se Arcade | Traktor Scratch Pro | Ableton Live 8 | N I Audio Kontrol 1 | MacBook Pro 15" | & some other bits & bobs
    My VCI 100 Se DIY Arcade Mod - With upgrade walk through photos
    My Blog
    My Site