Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade - Page 34
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ricoot View Post
    i'm gonna try for the last time...

If i can't seem to find out what firmware i'm running on my vci i swear to god i'll just throw the damn thing away.

-I flashed for over 50 times without errors.
    -i got no signs of 1.4 whatsoever (diy arcade so no disco mode, no on / off button toggling while de vci is on and traktor not started)
    -still clueless on how to switch back to older firmware if 1.4 did actually install. (the previous video of ean doesn't work (anymore) for me)

sometimes my upper half of the vci doesn't give me led feedback untill i reboot or re-import the TSI (which i have to do every 30 minutes or so). this is why i think the firmware didn't install.

how can i check the high ress faders and pitch?
    my pitch bend does steps of 0.4.. this was a FW 1.4 thing, right? RIGHT?!

this thing just freezes up at random moments (the tsi)
    One way to check would be to check the Midi message coming out of the pitch fader. If it is fw1.4 you will get a "pitchbend" message. If it is older you should see Ch.1 cc14 or 15. There are other ways to check but try this first.

Tech Convert

Default Firmware check

Hi Ean,

i bought a used vci-100 which should be already flashed to v_1.4. I did all the test shown in your videos, but i could not confirm the presence of v_1.4 and did not find other functions then v_1.2. Do you provide any document with a bootcheck to verify the firmware version?

Thanx

Balou

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Balou View Post
    Hi Ean,

i bought a used vci-100 which should be already flashed to v_1.4. I did all the test shown in your videos, but i could not confirm the presence of v_1.4 and did not find other functions then v_1.2. Do you provide any document with a bootcheck to verify the firmware version?

Thanx

Balou
    One way to check would be to check the Midi message coming out of the pitch fader. If it is fw1.4 you will get a "pitchbend" message. If it is older you should see Ch.1 cc14 or 15. There are other ways to check but try this first.

I just checked out the midi messages using nuendo 5 and get the pitchbend messages, but no disco mode and no sync button change works, as written in the thread before...
    Last edited by Balou; 05-29-2011 at 04:02 PM.
    MacBook Pro i9 / Air M1, RME Fireface UCX II, Traktor Pro 3, VCI-100 Blk, NI S2 Mk2

Tech Mentor

Default Help

Hey guys, is there anyone that lives in London who can help me upgrade my vci arcade to firmware 1.4? Would hugely appreciate it!!!!

Thanks

Daw-z

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    You're a hero!
    Midi-ox shows "pitch-bend"!

Now i know it's just a matter of a bad laptorp, usb, corrupt tsi or something along those lines.

Thanks for the tip!

NI Kontrol S2
    NI Traktor pro 2
    HD 25-1 II
    Behringer B1030A 5"

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    Thanx flashflooder , what are the other ways to check? i don't understand why the controller works only partly with the 1.4 messages. If i press both scrath buttons the pitch mode is switched off, thats a indicator of version 1.2...
    MacBook Pro i9 / Air M1, RME Fireface UCX II, Traktor Pro 3, VCI-100 Blk, NI S2 Mk2

Tech Guru

It's possible the firmware could be 1.3.X (don't remember the exact final digit) - The intermediate firmware that developer DaveX put out on DJTT before 1.4 was finalized. It has most elements of 1.4, but no disco mode, etc. I know I had this on my VCI for a while, before the final 1.4 was finished.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Student

all this does is load the flash tool where the hell is the firmware

Tech Student

why is there not one for window? only have mac as an option, this take far to long to get nowhere... idea put all firmware and updates in one place, should take less time to find and upgrade....

Tech Student

says the file doesn't contain the proper information to complete the flash... don't know what that means... anybody help...