Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade - Page 32
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

^^ Just sent you a PM.
    ::.VCI-100 SE 1.4.::::.Traktor 1.2.7.::
    ::.Motu-Ultralite.::.OSX 10.6.6.::
    http://twitter.com/PhunkTronix
    http://www.mixcloud.com/phunktronix/

i have the same problem. been searching for the answers to this problem for months now.

Care to send me the same PM?

NI Kontrol S2
    NI Traktor pro 2
    HD 25-1 II
    Behringer B1030A 5"

Quote Originally Posted by EliPsE View Post
    ^^ Just sent you a PM.
    lol, are we keeping our solutions secret nowadays?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

Hello Everyone,

Since I can hardly share my sensation with anyone around me in real life I thought I'd share my experiences with you.

The only 'Windows person' I could find was my father who doesn't live nearby so I made a trip to combine a visit with trying to upgrade my VCI-100 after receiving the kit from DJTT.
    I prepared myself by bringing a serial cable (2 times 'male' plug) but after setting up everything (opening up VCI-100 and having my laptop on the side with the instruction video) I discovered that the only port on the Windows computer was 'female' so I actually needed a different serial cable with one 'female' plug and a 'male'
    Since it was late already I could not go down-town to search for a different cable and I was too excited to stop so..

I took off the plug and connected the wires (2red/3orange/5green) to the 'female upgrade kit plug' without using a plug at all.
    If you examine the upgrade kit closely you will see that only 3 pins are being used, there's a fourth (nr. 8) connected but it was my guess that that one is only soldered to keep the plug steady.
    It seems my guess was right because after making sure the wires were connected neatly I pushed the flash button and the upgrading was successfully within 30 sec. !!!
    My dad's computer runs on Windows 7.
    So thank you DJTT for making this possible and thank you everyone else for sharing your experiences.

DON"T TRY THIS AT HOME !
    or..DO TRY THIS AT HOME if you are very sure what you are doing..

ps.
    I'm pretty lost in my search for the perfect midi mapping, I use Traktor Pro for mixing Minimal (mainly) and I'm not into scratching or too many other tricks but I am into looping and using 3rd or 4th deck for own recorded samples and thus using cue-points, does anyone have a tip because there is just a little too much information here if you dive in late, like me..thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Moosz; 03-31-2011 at 08:35 AM.

Nice work! Most people use the DJTT standard midi map, which you can find if you click mappings next to home at the top of this page. It's perfect for most things
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

No, I'm not keeping solutions to myself lol. I just wanted to make sure what was going on first in the PM. My upgrading problem was that the firmware would flash the image successfully, but the VCI-100 would stay in boot mode.

The solution to my problem on Windows 7 w/ usb-to-usb was to actually switch the the usb port that my VCI-1OO was plugged into. For some reason at the time of upgrading it did not like my first USB port for the VCI. I hope this helps anyone.

how does that fix the problem?

The problem is that after applying the 1.4 firmware the vci still acts like it's in 1.2.
    Even thought the flash software says it applied the firmware succesfully.

NI Kontrol S2
    NI Traktor pro 2
    HD 25-1 II
    Behringer B1030A 5"

Tech Wizard

Like I said, I was just posting a solution to my problem. Mine also said the firmware was applied successfully but all the lights would remain off except for the red power on led meaning it was still in boot mode. It worked for me.

I've been looking into this and i noticed that my vci is just being a random bitch!

Mine stays in boot mode also, apparently. I tried every usb port i have and the vci is just random.

NI Kontrol S2
    NI Traktor pro 2
    HD 25-1 II
    Behringer B1030A 5"

Tech Wizard

I've just bought a VCI 100 "SE" on ebay. As far as I can tell it has the 1.3 software even though it was advertised as 1.2 (no green sticker, left sync button toggles when traktor not running right does not, also it has two overlays so I guess the one underneath was for 1.2 ). My question is, how can I tell if this was originally an SE version from DJTT or if it started life as a normal unit and was converted by the owner?