Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade - Page 28
Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TMmafia View Post
    This is a bit scary...

I just ordered a VCI-100 Arcade Edition from this site (huge investment for me but I'm really excited) and after reading this thread and the "firmware solutions" thread I'm worried about my purchase...

I'm not really a big fan of digging through folders and replacing files and all that stuff...I really just want to DJ and play music with my new DJ Controller...

When I open up my package and plug my stuff in am I going to have to spend hours trying to "fix" it? What should I do? I hate to ask this kind of question as I'm sure when I get my controller and plug it in it will work fine but reading all of these complaints I'm a bit nervous...can someone say something re-assuring to me? Perhaps they should let you know before you spend a boatload of cash on one of these things that it requires a lot of computer hacking / troubleshooting / stuff I really don't want to do ish.... IF it actually does...should I just not install the newest mappings and what not? Does anyone have any advice for someone JUST starting to use this controller?

-Tony
    It is pretty easy to install. Be sure to update Traktor immediately after you download it. Then install the TSI file and you are good to go. if you have any questions email info@djtechtools.com

Hi,

I just "ean goldened" my black 1.2 VCI100 with the 1.4 firmware update, and bought the layout plate.

Everything went smooth with a serial cable to pc, and I could test it a bit with me traktor duo 1.2.4,

evidently some functions messup or do nothing, but the whole stuff is here working nicely (fx, loops, joggles...)

I noticed a strange display for the pitch faders while tweaking them on the unit, but seems to sync OK

the pitch is much better!

and I can't wait to update to PRO to use the whole nuts stuff inside !!

Thanks a lot to DJtechtools to RENEW my solid VCI

cheers
    Myspace / Soundcloud

Macbook, Ultralite, MPC2500SE, Ableton Live 7, VCI 100SE FW1.4, Traktor PRO 1.2.7, Korg PadKontrol(+farmpad), Faderfox LV2, DSI Tetra & stuff.

Does this method work fine on a 64bit Windows 7 PC? Anyone actually done it?
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    Does this method work fine on a 64bit Windows 7 PC? Anyone actually done it?
    Did it yesterday from my Win7 x64 Ulti laptop using the nokia DKU-5 clone cable I temporarily soldered onto the back of the flash header, the same method (and same version of the flash software) I used over a year ago to flash from stock to SE!

Tech Convert

Ok just read the whole of this thread (eyes are bleeding) after updating to 1.4 yesterday. First and foremost, thanks to DJTT and everyone here for keeping this amazing controller alive and fully kickin!

Reason for this post (and the long read) was to see if anyone else has discovered the problem Iv come across tonight while playing with the new FW/TSI (3-6-4_PC) whereby, when in Fader FX mode the jog dial still has an effect on the pitch bend when held on for several seconds? I didnt see anyone report this already. Anyone any ideas how to fix this?

what other ways are there to check if the upgrade went well, besides the key lock button?
    Because that doesn't work but i do have high ress pitch faders. I can adjust the pitch by 0.4. No clue about the jogs tho.

I sold my chip today and untill now i just figured i was on 1.4 but now i'm starting to doubt myself.

edit:
    when i press both scratch / cd mode buttons my jogs leds go out.
    That means i'm still in 1.1 or 1.2 right? :S
    Last edited by ricoot; 02-22-2011 at 02:04 PM.

NI Kontrol S2
    NI Traktor pro 2
    HD 25-1 II
    Behringer B1030A 5"

Tech Convert

Might be a nice idea for the next revisions to flash out the firmware version on say the cue button LEDs in test mode, major number on the left, minor on the right...

If you want to see if you have 1.4 installed try to get the vci into disco mode:

Quote Originally Posted by DaveX View Post
    Thanks for your support guys!
    Bonus #1
    ========

Did you know that there's a factory test mode hidden in every VCI ? It's used in the factory to test all the buttons, faders, knobs and LEDs.

With 1.4 firmware: While your VCI is off, hold RIGHT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

With previous firmwares: While your VCI is off, hold LEFT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

Bonus #2
    ========

Nobody on the dancefloor ? Boot your VCI in easter egg mode and beat the hidden game to enter the "Disco Mode" and see the crowd jumpin' in the air!!

That works only with 1.4 firmware of course, VCI will get detected by computer once Disco Mode is activated so you may use it "as usual". Hint: same trigger as factory test mode but with different buttons

I got arcade buttons. So that's never gonna happen .

NI Kontrol S2
    NI Traktor pro 2
    HD 25-1 II
    Behringer B1030A 5"

photojojo did a video on this, it can only be a matter of time before he pops up here with it. It's one of his favourite things to do

Edit:

also, following the instructions above, see which buttons activate the LED test mode. That'll be definitive proof. However, if you're sure you have HD pitch faders, you must have 1.4 FW. There's no way of ending up with some kind of mixture, it's one or the other.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    photojojo did a video on this, it can only be a matter of time before he pops up here with it. It's one of his favourite things to do
    Give an old man a break.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frehvs6aJjA

This won't tell you if you're on 1.3 or 1.4, but it will tell you if you're on 1.2 or not.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x