Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade - Page 27
Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

I also noticed when in FX 2 (or others) fooling around a bit... go back to FX 1
    gives me 5% - 20% more volume.

"not happy" does not really describe my mood at this time
    Y M C A !

2x 1200sl, Denon MC-6000, VCI-100 SE Arcade, Midifighter, BCR 2000, Traktor X1, Tracktor Scratch Pro, Pioneer 600 mixer, a mother in law (for sale!) and loads of coffee!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Language View Post
    I just got my Firmware chip in the mail today and was stoked!!
    I cant wait to be using the new 1.4 version for my VCI and slapping on my also new VCI 100 SE DJtechtools overlays but had some problems with installation.

#1, I'm a Mac, user, don't know much about PC shit, but was using a friend's PC at my place.
    I downloaded the software from the links on DJTT but no luck at opening them or getting them running on the PC.

I couldn't even get the (mot file) (VCI 100 DaveX) to open in the program development tool kit.
    I got through all the steps in the video and removed all the backing and used a serial to serial cable like recommended but when step 11 was shown I didn't even have that screen in the menu.

I'm positive the PC was running windows XP and not sure why I couldn't view the same screen as shown in the video. I could only access this step in my attempt and took a screen shot to capture my frustration.

Any advise or assistance will be very appreciated, I only have use of a PC for a few days and will then have to look at either trying another cable, or a serial to usb, trying it through boot camp for MAC, or the last staw spending the $$$ for a second hand PC just to make another attempt.
    Help me please!!!
    View the Attachment ----> Microsoft word file
    Hey Language,
    I'm a mac user too, and did it via Vmware Fusion and xp, and a usb adapter. It worked fine.

First, you seem to have the Renasas opened twice on your screenshot. maybe this is it?

Second, this week, there seemed to be some glitch on the djtt site, so maybe you didn't get the right software/files. Dump everything, and start from scratch just to make sure.
    Third, dont buy a pc (even a cheap one) for this. It isn't worth the price. If you have to return your friend's pc loaner, get yourself a usb adapter that will connect to the firmware adapter.

Let us know how you're doing.

So, I need to do a downgrade.... But before I do, I need to know: does FW1.3 use multiple channels on boot like FW1.4? Running more than one VCI is very tricky if channel messages overlap... Does anyone happen to have a backup of FW1.2 and 1.3?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I posted a link to the 1.3 firmware in this thread somewhere I think. AFAIK nothing has changed with 1.4 in regards to multiple channels. There are others using multiple VCI's though so maybe there's a better solution.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by oquela View Post
    Hey Language,
    I'm a mac user too, and did it via Vmware Fusion and xp, and a usb adapter. It worked fine.

First, you seem to have the Renasas opened twice on your screenshot. maybe this is it?

Second, this week, there seemed to be some glitch on the djtt site, so maybe you didn't get the right software/files. Dump everything, and start from scratch just to make sure.
    Third, dont buy a pc (even a cheap one) for this. It isn't worth the price. If you have to return your friend's pc loaner, get yourself a usb adapter that will connect to the firmware adapter.

Let us know how you're doing.
    Hey oquela
    Thanks for the comment. I don't have access to a PC anymore as my friend moved. I'm totally not going to buy one to do this either.
    I'm going to try and use bootcamp but need to get a download copy of windows to install first, I think I can one and a copy of mac parallels too, I don't have time to do it right now, but will keep posted if I have any more difficulty.. I'm going to try and look for a USB to serial cable this weekend.
    I hope to be up and running soon, can't wait to use 4 deck & juggle, sampler & Fx in a set
    Cheers
    MacBook 13"- N.I. Audio Kontol 1- Vextax VCI-100 - N.I.Traktor Pro - M Audio BX5A

Tech Student

This is a bit scary...

I just ordered a VCI-100 Arcade Edition from this site (huge investment for me but I'm really excited) and after reading this thread and the "firmware solutions" thread I'm worried about my purchase...

I'm not really a big fan of digging through folders and replacing files and all that stuff...I really just want to DJ and play music with my new DJ Controller...

When I open up my package and plug my stuff in am I going to have to spend hours trying to "fix" it? What should I do? I hate to ask this kind of question as I'm sure when I get my controller and plug it in it will work fine but reading all of these complaints I'm a bit nervous...can someone say something re-assuring to me? Perhaps they should let you know before you spend a boatload of cash on one of these things that it requires a lot of computer hacking / troubleshooting / stuff I really don't want to do ish.... IF it actually does...should I just not install the newest mappings and what not? Does anyone have any advice for someone JUST starting to use this controller?

-Tony

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by TMmafia View Post
    This is a bit scary...

I just ordered a VCI-100 Arcade Edition from this site (huge investment for me but I'm really excited) and after reading this thread and the "firmware solutions" thread I'm worried about my purchase...

I'm not really a big fan of digging through folders and replacing files and all that stuff...I really just want to DJ and play music with my new DJ Controller...

When I open up my package and plug my stuff in am I going to have to spend hours trying to "fix" it? What should I do? I hate to ask this kind of question as I'm sure when I get my controller and plug it in it will work fine but reading all of these complaints I'm a bit nervous...can someone say something re-assuring to me? Perhaps they should let you know before you spend a boatload of cash on one of these things that it requires a lot of computer hacking / troubleshooting / stuff I really don't want to do ish.... IF it actually does...should I just not install the newest mappings and what not? Does anyone have any advice for someone JUST starting to use this controller?

-Tony
    Yes ur vci will plug up and work right away.
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

Default Fix

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I posted a link to the 1.3 firmware in this thread somewhere I think. AFAIK nothing has changed with 1.4 in regards to multiple channels. There are others using multiple VCI's though so maybe there's a better solution.
    I haven't really been paying much attention it seems... I just remembered that with one of the updates to Traktor a while back they allowed mapping of devices, regardless of the channel the device is on. So, effectively, every device has its own channel. Though, this entire thing has got me going on how to learn about programming one of these babies. I have seen a couple threads written by people that know something, but I'm completely new to it all... And I really want to learn. Where can I start??

Quote Originally Posted by TMmafia View Post
    This is a bit scary...Does anyone have any advice for someone JUST starting to use this controller?

-Tony
    Yes, plug it in, install the TSI and do your thing.
    It will work.

I understand your concerns but when you ordered it just a short while ago it is already updated and you will not have to read 100's of pages to find a solution.

In the meantime, look at all the instructables and videos on this website to assure a flying start when it arrives.

Have fun!
    Y M C A !

2x 1200sl, Denon MC-6000, VCI-100 SE Arcade, Midifighter, BCR 2000, Traktor X1, Tracktor Scratch Pro, Pioneer 600 mixer, a mother in law (for sale!) and loads of coffee!

Tech Student

Word!

Sorry to bother. I'm super excited. I got some pretty weird color scheme going on too- I'll post pictures when it comes. :-D

Thanks for the replies.