Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade - Page 12
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sirtofu View Post
    Can somebody tell us the button combination for disco mode? I have arcade buttons and it would be impossible for me to unlock the mode with these as I don't ahve the lights.
    It starts out in a different spot every time so unless you have LED's it would be really hard to tell where you were.

Quote Originally Posted by sirtofu View Post
    Cant figure out the disco mode dont know what i hit the first time and had it going , cant duplicate it again .
    Can you get into the beginning of the game by holding the left slice and echo buttons as your starting the VCI? After that it's just a matter of picking an orange button and hitting the button next to it to turn it green (I don't have an official SE so my colors are the stock) I move left to right just hitting buttons trying to get green all the way across.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Well I just upgraded and I have to say big ups!
    Control is so much more fine. Slicer/Echo effects work so much nicer now with the improved resolution. This thing is a beast.

EDIT: THE VCI-100SE MAPPING ZIP FILE HAS BEEN UPDATED. PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD IT IF YOU D/L'ED IT BEFORE THIS POST. To differentiate between versions, the updated zip folder is named "v3_6-3". Some minor changes were made to this mapping from the originally posted v3.6 mapping that have fixed a few bugs and changed a few things.

Please see the first post in this thread (http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18333) for "What Changed?".

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacT View Post
    The thing is, I'm not a Traktor user. I use Algoriddim's djay. For any of the moderators or DaveX, are Traktor and VCI-100 SE's users the only people who stand to benefit from this upgrade? I think the high-resolution jog wheels alone would make it worth my while.
    The firmware upgrade will make the pitch/tempo faders and the jog wheels higher resolution regardless of the software you use with it. You will need to re-map the controls for the jog wheels, pitch faders and a few other things though to utilize the 1.4 firmware.

For a list of the changed midi signals, please download the zip file on the first post of this thread (or on the mappings page of DJTT) and on the last page of the Walkthrough pdf in the zip file there is a list of the midi signals that have changed from firmware v1.3 to firmware v1.4.

Quote Originally Posted by brianpkelly@hotmail.com View Post
    first, i do miss having the outer rim of the jog wheel dedicated to pitch adjustments full-time. anyone know how to adjust the file so it was as before? having to turn scratch mode off to adjust pitch is very inconvenient for me.

do i need to make adjustment to the rotary sensitivity or rotary acceleration to take full advantage of the improved resolution?
    1. The mapping had been re-uploaded and now has the tempo bend On when Scratch is On, but Off when Scratch is Off. If you would like it changed such that the tempo bend is always on or it is reverse let me know and I can explain how to changed it or send you an altered tsi.

2. You should not have to make any adjustments to the sensitivities to take full advantage of the improved resolution but you could go into the tsi and sort thru the comments to find the lines to alter and play with the settings and see if you find parameters that you find to be better (if you do find some that you like better, please let me know). The difference is a bit subtle but it definitely an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by djbosa View Post
    need a Glitch FIX.TSI for 1.4 ;-)
    or can somebody remap the 3.5.2 GlitchFix.tsi to use it with FW 1.4?
    Please re-download the mapping (it has been updated) from the first post in this thread and use the "_PC" tsi to get the "Glitch Fix".

Quote Originally Posted by peeSdee View Post
    Gents,
    Any feedback about the full MIDI notes map for the new 1.4 FW that I was requested?
    Do you know what exactly are the MIDI notes differences between 1.3 and 1.4 FW releases in order to update my own custom TSI?
    Please see the last page of the Walkthrough pdf included in the updated download file on the first post of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    the vid said the new tsi was compatible with 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4. so i was assuming there was more, or isnt there?
    The major changes were to accommodate the changes in the firmware (which had inherent benefits of their own) but there were also some minor changes/improvements to the overall functionality. Please see this thread for info regarding the changes. http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18333.

Tech Convert

Hey Guys,

Just a note here, I decided to upgrade my home-built vci-100se tonight to the 1.4 firmware. I'm not experiencing glitch problems, and the TSI files included with the update worked as well.

All I did was applied the new tsi twice, set the ins/outs, quit traktor, started it again, quit traktor, started it again, and began playing.

Thanks all for the wicked update, and this thread for guidance of any problems I might expect.

)) so excited.

Tech Mentor

hello guys,

is there anybody who lives in London and upgraded to firmware 1.4? Just wondering if I could loan your firmware upgrade kit? I would obviously offer a bit of cash for the trouble.

Cheers.