Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade - Page 10
Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DaveX View Post
    Thanks for your support guys!

I'm happy it was possible to adapt the DJTT mapping to support this new firmware, but for those using their own mapping, here's a list of all the changes changes since firmware 1.3.

Time for me to reassemble the unit and start mixing!

VCI-100 unofficial firmware 1.4 by DaveX
    ==========================================

After long hours of reverse-engineering, here's an improved firmware for your VCI!

New features
    ============
    - 4x pitch faders resolutions
    - 4x jog wheel resolution

so what is the exact resolution??? in the previous versions, we only had 128 absolute positions for the faders. So, is it 127 * 4???

Tech Student

Gents,
    Any feedback about the full MIDI notes map for the new 1.4 FW that I was requested?
    Do you know what exactly are the MIDI notes differences between 1.3 and 1.4 FW releases in order to update my own custom TSI?

Thanks for the brainstorming lads!

P

Quote Originally Posted by peeSdee View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm using my own mapping (based on the Ean's 2.5v .TSI, plus some mods by myself).
    I'm afraid in upgrade my VCI's firmware from 1.3 (current) to 1.4, 'cause I don't really know if will need to remap lot of knobs/jogs/buttons to remain having my "special" TSI.
    Will the below re mappings the ONLY stuff I'll need to deal to?
    I really like to have a full MIDI map (like that one on the last page of the VCI 100 manual) including ALL the MIDI notes for the new 1.4 firmware.

Many thanks in advance folks!

P
    MacBook Pro Unibody 15", 2.66 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 RAM, Seagate 500GB 7200 RPM disk, Mac OS 10.6.4. 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000MK3 CD Players. Pioneer DJM-3000 Mixer. Vestax VCI-100 DJTT Custom Edition Midi controller. 2 x Technics SL1210MK2 Turntables. NI Audio8 DJ Audio interface, 44.1 Khz 4ms latency. Traktor SCRATCH PRO v1.2.6.

Quote Originally Posted by ariser View Post
    I got no idea where to look any pointers please
    Just go to the controller settings in your prefs, duplicate each tempo bend midi command and while in scratch mode, do a midi learn of each note.

(If that doesn't make any sense then I suggest u do a little midi command tutorial before)

I did it last night, works fine (didn't do all the faderfx/slice ones though, don't think I'll be pitch bending while slicing)

cheers
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 1878blues View Post
    - The left Jog wheel for deck A does not seem to 'move' at the same speed as Deck B jog wheel in scratch mode? and in CDJ mode Deck A still moves very slowly through song, even when song is stopped.
    I'm getting the same problem here too. I've reloaded the TSI too many times to count. Restarted Traktor along with it.

It's the same as described above, Deck A jog wheel has very fine movement and moves "slowly" through the track in both CDJ and Scratch mode.
    Deck B jog wheel moves at a similar speed as Deck A while in Scratch mode, but moves WAY too fast in CDJ mode.
    I'd the Deck B jog wheel to act more like Deck A and be much more fine, precise and "slow".

Any suggestions?

Tech Wizard

SOLUTION TO ABOVE PROBLEM (Jog Wheel Sensitivity + 1.4 FW)

If you have the problem i described above, and want both jog wheels to act the same as the Deck A wheel, (ie less sensitive more accurate) do the following:

- Go into your controller manager and select the VCI device.
    - Scroll down until you hit the section "Jog Scratch + Tempo"
    - Click through them and identify mappings for Deck A (joint with Deck C) with "(FW 1.4) in the comments box. Ignore the Deck mappings that don't mention FW 1.4.
    - Ensure/Change the Rotary Sensitivity to 18% and Rotary Acceleration to 16% (you can enter the value into the number box)
    - Do the same for the Deck B (joint with Deck D). Again only the pair that mentions FW 1.4 in the comments box.

I find that the improved resolution shows its true colours once you've dropped the sensitivity. You get a much wider motion on the wheel which gives a much higher degree of accuracy.

Enjoy!

Nannou

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by minimal View Post
    Just go to the controller settings in your prefs, duplicate each tempo bend midi command and while in scratch mode, do a midi learn of each note.

(If that doesn't make any sense then I suggest u do a little midi command tutorial before)

I did it last night, works fine (didn't do all the faderfx/slice ones though, don't think I'll be pitch bending while slicing)

cheers
    think you can share your .tsi? this has been keeping me up all night to figure it out. its now almost 6am. haha.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Nannou View Post
    SOLUTION TO ABOVE PROBLEM (Jog Wheel Sensitivity + 1.4 FW)

If you have the problem i described above, and want both jog wheels to act the same as the Deck A wheel, (ie less sensitive more accurate) do the following:

- Go into your controller manager and select the VCI device.
    - Scroll down until you hit the section "Jog Scratch + Tempo"
    - Click through them and identify mappings for Deck A (joint with Deck C) with "(FW 1.4) in the comments box. Ignore the Deck mappings that don't mention FW 1.4.
    - Ensure/Change the Rotary Sensitivity to 18% and Rotary Acceleration to 16% (you can enter the value into the number box)
    - Do the same for the Deck B (joint with Deck D). Again only the pair that mentions FW 1.4 in the comments box.

I find that the improved resolution shows its true colours once you've dropped the sensitivity. You get a much wider motion on the wheel which gives a much higher degree of accuracy.

Enjoy!

Nannou
    yeah... that fixes the Jog Problem big thx...

only the shift+key doesnt work really...
    and sound pops or glitches when press the FX Type or Route FX Button...
    need a Glitch FIX.TSI for 1.4 ;-)
    or can somebody remap the 3.5.2 GlitchFix.tsi to use it with FW 1.4?

pls help :-)
    Last edited by djbosa; 09-22-2010 at 10:29 AM.
    VCI 100 Arcarde Edition FW1.4 w. latest tsi file
    Win 7 Notebook
    Traktor Pro (latest v.)
    Numark DJ IO

Tech Mentor

id like to again say thanks for all the hard work by dave x and djtts team. if developing firmware upgrades and compatible tsi files wasnt challenging enough, now youre left to deal with all the questions and complaints that arise from it. im sure in time all will be worked out.

for me just two questions:

first, i do miss having the outer rim of the jog wheel dedicated to pitch adjustments full-time. anyone know how to adjust the file so it was as before? having to turn scratch mode off to adjust pitch is very inconvenient for me.

second, im not a big into scratching but my buddy is very experienced. he's been coming over a lot and scratchin the hell out of my vci. so i thought he would be impressed with my newly upgraded 1.4 firmware. he came by yesterday and said he couldnt see, feel, or hear any difference. do i need to make adjustment to the rotary sensitivity or rotary acceleration to take full advantage of the improved resolution?

thanks for any insight!!
    2011 MacbookPro-Lion (2.2GHz i7), Audio 10Dj, Allen&Heath Xone 42, 2 X Technic SL-1200MK3, VCI-100SE - FW1.4 (TSI 4.0), Kontrol X1, 2 X Novation Dicers, iPad (TouchOSC), TraktorScratchPro 2.6

Tech Student

Hey DJTT,

The site rules – very useful, very applicable. And now I'm chomping at the bit about this 1.4 firmware upgrade, being a VCI-100 user and all.

The thing is, I'm not a Traktor user. I use Algoriddim's djay. For any of the moderators or DaveX, are Traktor and VCI-100 SE's users the only people who stand to benefit from this upgrade? I think the high-resolution jog wheels alone would make it worth my while.

I know I'm probably in the severe minority using a non-Traktor app. But I'm a DJTT fan, and I want to support them with some cash if this will improve my VCI-100. And if I don't buy a firmware upgrade kit, a Midi Fighter is definitely on my shortlist. Any insight you can give would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Isaac T.

Quote Originally Posted by brianpkelly@hotmail.com View Post
    first, i do miss having the outer rim of the jog wheel dedicated to pitch adjustments full-time. anyone know how to adjust the file so it was as before? having to turn scratch mode off to adjust pitch is very inconvenient for me.
    +1

I've stared at the traktor config pages for far too long and just come up with a blank, it could take me all weekend to work it out- someone somewhere please make the outer ring work for pitch bend in scratch mode, and ideally turn it off when not in scratch mode so that we can use that to avoid the heavy bass knocking the sync.

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast