Import Fees - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Import Fees

There is a way round this:
    I bought some CDJ's from the US (I'm in UK) and got the company to write 'Warranty Replacements - value $20' on the customs slip

No import charges or VAT to pay
    SC | MC

I ordered an overlay and buttons and FW kit and had to pay about £15...

dunno if it's done on weight or what.

nb the overlay and wf updates are pretty easy to do your self... the arcade is less easy but do-able (though challenging)

i'd opt for buying the vci and audio 2 from somewhere in UK and order the overlay and FW kit from here
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by kiss-o-matic View Post
    The US is the only member of the G7 or G20 that taxes it's foreign-residing citizens... gotta love communism.
    It is my understanding under the OECD double-taxation treaties, US citizens residing/working overseas don't pay income tax for a "host" country often to the non-resident's benefit due to the much higher income tax rate of European countries and Chile. Of course in reality the person does pay income taxes in the country BUT is eligible for foreign tax credits when filing to the IRS. Furthermore, US citizens residing abroad for extended periods of time are exempt from income taxes are exempt up to 90,000ish of their income. I work overseas for extended periods up to a year and am exempt from taxation for 89,000 and under. If my income exceeds 190,000 then anything above that exemption in taxed HEAVILY. Needless to say, one usually tries to get contracts below that threshold.

my obligatory non sequitur....Gotta love the UN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12