Ableton VCI-100(SE)
    Tech Convert

Default Ableton VCI-100(SE)

Hello I am planing on buying a VCI-100(SE), I like to use it for making on the fly mashups. I all ready been trying Ableton and it is perfect to make changes to have the mashup exactly as you want.

But I want to have the fun of mixing on the fly with the extra benefit
    to make changes. After seeing the possibility of Tractor Pro and the VCI-100 I was really excited to learning the same techniques and applying them to a mashup.

I already reviewed Ableton and Serato The Bridge but it doesn't look the same and it is pricey.

Now I am wondering if it is possible to let the VCI-100(SE) approximately behave same way as in Tracktor.

Some people already advices me to by the APC40 but it seems to me that is limited compared to the VCI-100SE with functions like beat match, setting multi cue points and all the extra fun stuff

Tech Convert

Anyone a idea?

I have mapped my vci 100 with ableton it is very easy it also makes it very easy to map sinlge knobs to a few different effect parameters my only problem is finding a way to map the direction keys to choose a track to start up so the answer to your question is yes you can map the vci to ableton to act like traktor
    Here's Where I Put My Stuff Remix's/Mix's/and............. Genrally Madness

Sound Cloud :: http://soundcloud.com/herbstrike
    FaceBook :: http://www.facebook.com/pages/HerbSt...2547446?ref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by Milagro View Post
    setting multi cue points and all the extra fun stuff

if you use channel clips a certain way this achieves similar function. you get the tracks beats anchored, you then set your start and end points, copy the clip and paste it in the next scene, in the copy: shift start point over so that in the first clip when you set on the "follow action" play next clip, itll sound like the song but you now have it divided into multiple clips. so if you did that multiple times (like take a 16 loop and turn it into 16 one bar clips), you would have a pretty high degree of clip control using a jog wheel. it would be like the wheel was set to automatically snap to beat divisions.

To be able to map the VCI-100 to ableton as well as eans mapping is mapped to Traktor you need some hardcore M4L skillz

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    To be able to map the VCI-100 to ableton as well as eans mapping is mapped to Traktor you need some hardcore M4L skillz
    no one was making that arguement. the work flow of ableton is too drastically different from traktor for any simple midi mapping to work that way

I Use a VCI-100 with ableton to play out.
    Mostly I use Bento's Smart Mixing Template with a few FX racks of my own design added in.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .