VCI-300 with Traktor Pro- (Idea thread) - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Convert

i second weasels thoughts, especially since 1.2 is in beta and the 300 has less options for those extra controls, a 2 deck basic tsi would allow people to use an additional controller to handle their effects and what not. something that vestax is hooooooopefully working on with serato in order to implement that into itch.

im so happy that my friend introduced me to this site, the articles and video demos have exponentially helped my mixing especially since im just starting off and need all the help i can get.

any updates regarding the vci-300 tsi? haha ive been using sosiks tsi at present but am very anxious to try out the djtt one. thanks again! this is an awesome site!

Glen McArdle

Yeah Vestax is working on a unit to go with the VCI-300 wich will function as an FX controller in ITch

.. so Itch will (in the near future) be working with FX.

But for Traktor I just use the Faderfox DX2 in collaboration with the VCI-300

Works lik a charm! I use the bottom section to control an addition of 2 decks. I must say that the Faderfox controllers really go well alongside a 'main' controller

All I'am waiting for is the 14bit Midi support from Traktor (or did I not catch the latest upgrade? did I miss one...? )

And one more thing...: Has ANYONE figured out yet how in GODS NAME you get the led feedback on the music going for the line faders of the VCI-300?? Anyone progressing on this part of the midi mapping? PLEAZE..?
    Last edited by Glen McArdle; 08-01-2009 at 04:58 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Glen McArdle View Post
    And one more thing...: Has ANYONE figured out yet how in GODS NAME you get the led feedback on the music going for the line faders of the VCI-300?? Anyone progressing on this part of the midi mapping? PLEAZE..?
    It is possible to map the LED-feedback, however there's a max of 6(?) leds I think that can be used, otherwise Traktor starts lagging.

I agree with the others that there should be a tsi without effects mapped in so people with an external effects controller can map them theirselves.

I'm looking forward to the official tsi, because at this moment, it's very hard to make good use of the vci 300 with traktor (and ITCH lags in windows 7 so it seems... maybe cpu leak, because cpu is always at 100% usage, this with a 2,5Ghz C2D)
    VCI 300 - DELL XPS M1330 windows 7 - Traktor Pro - Itch

Glen McArdle

I am stil perfecting my TSI as we speak. I am willing to share it wen its done if anyone wants it. It's mapped without FX, because I use the Faderfox for that.

i will be ineterested in your tsi mapping glen! well its gonna be a while tho b'fore i get my hands on the vci!!

still having a tough decision if i should go wit the vci 300 + novation nocturn OR the vci 100 + audio dj 2/4.. to be used with TRAKTR PRO

2 quick questions :

-how's the headphone cue volume levels on the vci 300?
    -can the vci 300 be connected to a mixer? (i'm thinking it can)

Glen McArdle

I think the Cue volume is allright, but I still have sensitive ears. Some wuld argue that it doesn't go loud enough for the club envoirment, but I guess that also depends on what kind of earphones you use and how loud you set your monitors.

And yes, the VCI-300 can bee hooked up to a convetional mixer through either it's 1/4 inch jack outputs or its RCA outputs.

Glen McArdle

Quote Originally Posted by tomato View Post
    It is possible to map the LED-feedback, however there's a max of 6(?) leds I think that can be used, otherwise Traktor starts lagging.
    How can this be done?? Right now I have it set up that the leds light up as soon as I open up a line fader (I mapped them both as modifers 3 and 4 with values ranging from 0-7; I duplicated those lines and mapped them for Output-Led) But the LEDS either go on all the way as I open the line faders or off all the way. It Doesn't correspond with the position of teh faders.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Glen McArdle View Post
    How can this be done??
    I'll search the right thread, hopefully I can find it. I know I tested it and it worked, you could let the LEDs flash on the beat or indicate the volume, you even got the options to indicate master volume or L+R channel volumes.

here's one of the threads: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...0+LED+feedback

but i thought there also was a thread specifically for the vci 300, will search a bit more...
    Last edited by tomato; 08-03-2009 at 05:58 AM. Reason: adding link
    VCI 300 - DELL XPS M1330 windows 7 - Traktor Pro - Itch

Quote Originally Posted by lifeloop View Post
    i will be ineterested in your tsi mapping glen! well its gonna be a while tho b'fore i get my hands on the vci!!

still having a tough decision if i should go wit the vci 300 + novation nocturn OR the vci 100 + audio dj 2/4.. to be used with TRAKTR PRO

2 quick questions :

-how's the headphone cue volume levels on the vci 300?
    -can the vci 300 be connected to a mixer? (i'm thinking it can)
    - headphone cue is a little low (according to other ppl). i'm not having any problems with it, but it also heavily depends on what type of headphones you use (impedance).

- vci-300 with a mixer? depends on what you want to do... if you want to have the master signal of the 300 on a single channel on your mixer then yes, that's possible. if you want to be able to mix externally then you're out of luck (without an external soundcard) as the soundcard of the 300 only has got one output (well, master and booth, so there are two of them, but you can't map them to individual channels).

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Glen McArdle

I finished my work on my 'final' TSI-file for the VCI-300 in Traktor Pro (with LED feedback for the linefaders totally working; hoooray!! )

I'm not having any troubles so far. I would like to share the TSI with you guys (note that the FX section is mapped to CC's of my Faderfox DX2, but you can alter this as you like ofcourse).

Now... after nearly one year... my VCI-300 is (lit up like a christmas tree) finally (nearly) the way I think it should rightfyully be in working with Traktor Pro.

Note; any Traktor Pro under version 1.2 needs the Mini Translator from DJ Techtools here to get the best (so far) out of the pitch faders and jog wheels.

Hope you enjoy!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast