VCI-300 with Traktor Pro- (Idea thread) - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

i am also working on my personal controller mapping right now
    thanks to 10us' led diagramm it's proceeding a lot quicker than thought

i got a small problem with the modifiers, maybe one of you can help me with that:

in my mapping i set one of the modifiers (#1) to a value, depending what button you press (i actually use the crates, files and browse buttons to set the modifier to 0, 1 or 2) and i am using this modifier to light the corresponding led. the problem is that if the value is 0 then the first led is lighted, if the value is 1 then the first and the second led is lighted and if the value is 2 then the first, the second and the third led is lighted.

but i'd like to only light one of the leds.

am i missing out something or did i do something wrong?

You also gotta set the "output" to a modifier value, 0, 1 and 2.

Tech Guru

Can you guys look at my CDJ settings here. Do you think they are "tuned" well for a dj set like a TT? I & VCI-300..I need the most realistic setting before I try this out tonight ..

THANKS +

Quote Originally Posted by 10us View Post
    You also gotta set the "output" to a modifier value, 0, 1 and 2.
    damnit... what did i think when i assigned the controller-range to the values i wanted to assign for the modifiers?

claudek:
    actually i am having some problems to find a setting that resembles that of itch... i didn't find any practicable values yet, i guess i'll try out yours on weekend.
    when it comes down to TT-feeling i think itch works waaaay better than traktor... but in traktor you don't really have to use the jogs the TT-way if you beatgridded all your songs...

I dont think you will get the same tt feeling like itch, itch doesnt have any sync function like traktor, it only sets the bpm a the same value and you need to beatmatch with the platter/jogs. Traktor sync does beatmatch so you got way īmore possibilities to play with cues, loops and fx. Itch feels more like traditional tt but thats not why i go digital and thats why i see itch like a step backwards, while others maybe like this.

i like each of the possibilities, if it comes down to do more advanced stuff you can't beat traktor, but i also like to spin reggae, and as much as i like the digital possibilities with that i also like to spin it a bit old school, beatmatch yourself, pull ups and all that stuff, that's where itch comes in handy due to the feeling...

what i meant was that id like to set the values of the jogs so that it reacts like in itch, i really like the feeling (of the jogs, independent of the software, how they react to your manipulations).

but i think claudek already did a thread on that topic.

Tech Guru

Yes, I gotta agree that the "feel" of Itch/VCI-300 combo for real deck style dj'ing is quite excellent. Traktor is a lot of fun too and one can make it to his/her own needs..
    I like Traktor as it sounds beefier than Itch, with its' eq's and the fx are top knotch, but Traktor
    Pro is a little weird for now. Not sure, if I'm ready to play out in front of 2000 people yet.
    ..ah yes, syncing is fun too when I drink a lot
    Last edited by claudek; 11-27-2008 at 06:28 PM.

Tech Guru

How is this coming along? Will it happen?

even i'm curious as to how it's coming along? any updates??

debating b/w a vci 100 n a vci 300!!!

Tech Wizard

Lightbulb

even though it's an old thread and you're probably deep into the developing already, i still got an idea:

it would be absolutely awesome if you could supply two versions of a 300/TP mapping:
    one with all the shiny DJTT controllerism features, shift-double uses etc etc,
    and one which only covers the basic features, and makes the 300 work as with itch.

that way, people could easily expand that mapping to their own needs, and even the people that only need the basic functions but want to use traktor over itch for some reasons would be satisfied.

really looking forward to whatever you come up with, since i just got my 300 last week, and i am so missing my filters & echos.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast