Traktor Kontrol X1 2-deck internal mixer tsi v.EDM
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Kontrol X1 2-deck internal mixer tsi v.EDM

my first post here. i know most people here are beat jugglers, but i made a very simple tsi specifically to use the x1 as a simple standalone mixer. this tsi has been modified from its original so many of the functions will still be the same. this tsi is geared for mixing edm music, since i did not want to implement things like a crossfader because of the x1's layout. this setup is strictly chained fx.

The layout is left deck a, right deck b.

-D/W knobs are still the same**
    -The FX ON buttons are now simply a deck focus button/indicator
    -The 1 and 2 knobs and buttons are still the same**
    -The 3 knob is for low EQ adjustment and the 3 button is for low EQ kill

-The browse knobs and the load on push are still the same, but with the added bonus of deck focus on load(left side loads deck a, right side deck b).
    -The shift+browse knobs has been modified to seek track -- the left knob seeks at every one bar and the right knob seeks at every 1/32 I believe. i want to make clear that it will only seek on the focused deck, so by loading a track and focusing it on that deck as stated above you wont be seeking on the wrong deck. one less thing to worry about.

-The FX 1/2 buttons are still the same as well as its shift function**
    -The loop knobs are now for volume adjustment with respect to deck a and b and is set at just the right interval.
    -The shift+loop knobs are now to adjust the size of the loop.
    -The loop button will activate loops as normal**
    -All of the remaining functions beneath the loop knobs are the same.**

now that everything's been said, you wont have a 3rd effect knob, limiting yourself from 3/2 chained fx down to 2/2. i did not want to use shift+fx knobs for EQ because it messes up the syncing for fx levels. the knobs are fixed, not infinite, so it would not be logical to map this. you can map this at your own risk.

this is a very simple and logical layout for chained FX + EDM music only, eliminating the need for another MIDI controller as a mixer. it is especially important to monitor your mixer levels on screen since there is no real indicator of mixer levels on the x1 itself. you will find it challenging at first to manage this, but as far as eliminating gear/saving money is concerned for bedroom dj's, this is a good way to start. i've had a great deal of fun with my tsi, and the x1 is really the only thing i plug up to in order to get some really simple edm mixing going with the added bonus of the fx knobs. the ergonomics on the x1 is so much better than using say a launchpad for mixing. i've tried using my launchpad to take care of mixing, but this simply does the work better and is all in one device.
    Last edited by tuchubby; 08-29-2010 at 07:03 PM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Thanks for the contribution. Wish I had an X1 to try it out.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Student

thankyou! this will do me until the S4 is out! Id LOVE one the same with the top knobs mapped to filter!! That'd be perfect! grtz

@dandee .. i've just started mapping my A-B X1 which arrived this morning, and have added the filters and full xone eq section with kills to the top fx section with modifiers. when its done and tested out i'll post that mapping for yall as well.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Student

Default Some info

Thanks mate! I have managed to map mine out a bit and now have gotten really used to using it for its default purposes / I did download a couple tsi's and applied them but really speaking using it as a mixer (hi mid bass) isnt really practical but its still fun! FOR THOSE WHO YET DONT KNOW-OR DONT HAVE A MIXER YET!!!!>>> I used to use a mouse(Pleomax brand) and found using the centre roller has some pretty cool advantages when U right click and change the sensitivity on all the knobs and cross fader on traktor,(Yes you can change them!) U can use the X1 for what its meant for even though its a diverse tool~!cheerz

Tech Student

I also found this Vid pretty cool for first time mapping http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh9KFNWWUrI

that vid was helpful, cheers
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Default Perfect!!

All I needed to prepare playlists on long flights. Nice and simple, suits me to a T.