I need beta-testers... - Page 3
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

i got midiyoke to run in win7

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Mudo View Post

OSC clock sync ?

Nope, think of it as a communication stream-liner.

Side note, just played my first show using full led feedback on a windows machine, no snaps crackles or pops all night.

@BradCee- I don't know why so many people have had trouble getting midiyoke to work w/ 7 & vista. Simple google search and i was on my way. I think i'm going to have to include a tutorial on how to set it up with this app.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    Nope, think of it as a communication stream-liner.

Side note, just played my first show using full led feedback on a windows machine, no snaps crackles or pops all night.

@BradCee- I don't know why so many people have had trouble getting midiyoke to work w/ 7 & vista. Simple google search and i was on my way. I think i'm going to have to include a tutorial on how to set it up with this app.
    only problem i had was that i couldn't find it after install, then went to control panel to run a repair, and found it in there, lol. pm sent btw.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

hey drew
    just finished my apc40 mapping in traktor and could do with this for the old hot cues.
    Traktor pro / APC40 / LPD8 /
    Vista 64 / AMD Phenom x3 / 4gb ram

Sorry for not getting back to you that soon. I have a mapping for the ddm which involves lots of the leds and I can remember it was definitely not smooth. Should be able to test at worst Thursday morning local time.

Tech Mentor

I use Maple Midi with Bomes classic to make my BCD2000 work with Traktor, alongside Dascratch and it's virtual cables for my SCS3ds so I dunno if something else will fit in the chain but I've got a mapping I can't use with send monitor state included that I shelved tbh because of this issue.
    I should be able to offer some quick feedback as it's all ready to go, if I can figure out where to put your tool in the chain.

Alright this app is undergoing a major rework, since it seems like it's not quite effective for everyone. So i'm going to make this version public.

Here's the link for the download....
    http://www.mediafire.com/?n1uusbpw7i7ugi7

It works pretty simply. You set your "In-Port" and "Out-Port" in Traktor, to 2 different channels on Midi Yoke.
    Then in my program you set the "From Traktor" to the same midi yoke as traktor's "Out-Port", and the "To Traktor" to the same midi yoke as traktor's "In-Port".
    Then in the program you set both "From Controller" and "To Controller" to your controller. Simple enough right.

This only works for one controller at a time, since i can't run multiple instances of my program, but multiple controllers will be available on the final version.

Now for those of you that have ableton live, there's a little trick that i was using before i made this. For me, it didn't work as good as my app, but you're welcome to give it a try.
    All you have to do is open ableton, turn audio off in the audio preferences menu.
    In the midi menu turn on Track and Remote for a midi yoke input channel, and turn on Track and Remote for a different midi yoke output channel.
    (Note: If you have input and output on, on the same midi yoke channel it can create a midi feedback loop, which can cause all kinds of problems.)
    Now that you have done that, in session view create 2 midi tracks.
    Set the first tracks "Midi From" to the Midi yoke channel you've set for the input, and set the "Midi To" to your controller.
    ON the second track set the "Midi From" to you controller, and the "Midi To" to the midi yoke channel you have set to output.
    Then set the monitor to "IN" on both channels.

Then in traktor, set your "In-Port" to the midi yoke on that you have set as an output in ableton; and the "Out-Port" to the midi yoke you have as an input in ableton.

The Ableton method worked rather well for me, but there were still some very minor pops here and there.

As for now i'm going to be working on my app vigorously until i have a solid solution that works for everybody.

Then in the program you set both "From Controller" and "To Controller" to your controller.
    Hmm, my controller (APC40) doesn't show up as an option in the FIX.

EDIT:
    Shows up now....awesome

EDIT: Arrg now my other devices don't show up in TP lol
    Last edited by space monkey; 08-31-2010 at 04:28 PM.

What OS are you using? If i remember correctly, in XP it shows up as "USB Audio Device"

Mudo

I still don't understand the use sorry...

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast