I need beta-testers... - Page 10
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    This program is for a problem that doesn't exist on mac, so there isn't one planned.
    Hey this is an interesting statement, could you clarify? Would it be possible for me to use someone's TSI and have LEDs working properly?

EDIT: I've not come across any TSI that had working LEDs for the VCI using my macbook.

I understood it was a limitation of Traktor not the OS, but I'm not entirely clear on the technical issues at play.

If what you say is correct, does it mean if I were attempting to create a TSI for use on a MAC I would therefore have to approach the use of modifiers etc in a different way? Any chance someone could point me in the right direction?

Very interesting developments here guys, keep up the great work!!
    Last edited by Hatch; 12-21-2010 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I understood it was a limitation of Traktor not the OS
    its the other way around. the problem is with how windows handles the messages. macs dont have this problem

someone correct me if im wrong
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Wizard

MAC's do have problems with the way the volume LEDs work on the Vci 300, so there's still an issue...

Look at this: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...00+leds&page=4

Post #35 by Morbido, on a MAC and experiencing issues with the LEDs.

PC's have it too, but after I started using the app by Str8upDrew and mapped the volume LED's, the problem is gone.

I don't know how hard it is to make a MAC version of this app? But if it's just like exporting in a different way, I'm very curious if the problem can be solved for the MAC people with a Vci 300.

Edit: I know the app was made just to solve the issue with the "send monitor state" that only PC's have, but as you've seen in my post, it solved an other LED issue too.
    VCI 300 - DELL XPS M1330 windows 7 - Traktor Pro - Itch

I'm going to have to look into the mac issues some more. We just got a skid of MBP's in at my work, and i've been thinking about picking one up. Either that or one of the Quad Power Mac's i've been working on all week. I need more money so i can get both... dammit.

Tech Wizard

Love Tomato for this: >>
    Quote Originally Posted by tomato View Post
    I don't know how hard it is to make a MAC version of this app? But if it's just like exporting in a different way, I'm very curious if the problem can be solved for the MAC people with a Vci 300.

Tech Wizard

Please do:
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    I'm going to have to look into the mac issues some more. We just got a skid of MBP's in at my work, and i've been thinking about picking one up. Either that or one of the Quad Power Mac's i've been working on all week. I need more money so i can get both... dammit.
    Need help let me know.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Seems like the Pitch Bend fader on my DN-SC2000 does not work well through midi ox. Any adjustment causes values to jump from where they should be to full top or bottom. very weird.
    +1 on this.....Not only does it NOT work correctly (as Space Monkey describes) but if you use it without it being mapped to anything it causes random Cue and Loop point to be created....totally freaky.

Quote Originally Posted by thictool View Post
    +1 on this.....Not only does it NOT work correctly (as Space Monkey describes) but if you use it without it being mapped to anything it causes random Cue and Loop point to be created....totally freaky.
    Wait a second, if you use the pitch bend with no mapping at all loaded does it do this? This is very creepy. Can somebody test it in midi-ox and see if it's the pitch bend is using a different channel than the rest of the controller?

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Please do:

Need help let me know.
    Will do. I'll probably hit you up after the holidays. Thanks man.

Tech Convert

Str8upDrew you are my hero. This was the best Christmas present this year....I already know. ...and here I was thinking I was going to be playing with sharp objects for Christmas over the frustration my APC/Traktor configuration was causing me Thank you for saving me from that.

However, a question or two regarding the LEDs. I have been experimenting with the APC in 'dumb mode'. However, it seems like I can't get Traktor to recognize the APC after I have placed it in dumb mode and then opened your program, assigned midi yoke to do its thing, and then opened Traktor. If I skip the dumb mode step it works fine.

I really have no desire to put the APC in dumb mode. Its just that I can't seem to figure out how to keep the LEDs staying on after I push a button without it being in that mode. Anyone know how to do one or the other? And/or how do you all have your APCs configured in this regard?

Str8upDrew one last thing. The save feature didn't seem to work for me. It really doesn't matter in my case as I only have one controller to assign but I just thought I would let you know as feedback.

Thanks again!

Tech Wizard

The save feature works for me?

Now to say something very obvious: It's the button at the bottom of the screen you have to click, not in the "file" menu at the top (which is not clickable btw).

And then you save the preset somewhere, when you need it you press "load" and then click "apply".

Ok that was all very obvious, but I looked under "file" first when I opened the app the first time
    VCI 300 - DELL XPS M1330 windows 7 - Traktor Pro - Itch

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast