OT - Android or iphone? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I've had the samsung rogue (sliding touch) for just about two years now, the thing is rock solid, touch has never needed to be calibrated and really no glitches at all. Samsung isn't so bad guys haha

I've been a BB guy for years now and, unfortunately, tote 2 around, 1 personal, 1 work. I have been waiting for the iphone to become available on verizon before i jump in because verizon's reception in the northeastern U.S. is just plain better than at&t. i have no idea if thats an issue across the pond.

Tech Mentor

I went for the HTC hero on Orange in the UK at launch, it's the first time i emailed and used a smart phone 24/7, i had it rooted prior to upgrade and love it, i love iphones as well, but i just love the freedom of the andiod os and marketplace has tones of FREE stuff.

I can move menus screens the lot, i could not be as free in the iphone, plus i am free of itunes, i am able to sync easy with googlemail so i am torn when its time to upgrade.

The hero phone is pants, no flash but speaking of the Samsung my flatmate has the galaxy s and i have been playing with it and its actually very nice and very iphone looking and feeling.
    MBP i7. Denon MC4000. Traktor Scratch A6. DDJ SX Serato DJ.

Tech Wizard

I loved my 3G. I love my Nexus One. I would love a iPhone 4. try it out and see for yourself. One thing about Apple though.. the touchscreen is unmatchable. I have never used a more accurate touch screen. The reason I'm using nexus One? I can tether and use unlimited 3G anywhere. This way, I dont need to pay extra for a 3G iPad and an extra monthly plan. I simply turn on tether on my Nexus One and I can use my Wifi only iPad anywhere just like a 3G iPad and not worry about going over the limit that AT&T puts. Tmobile is also rolling out HSPA+ speeds in my area so I am getting a constant 1.5 MBPs and sometimes up to 4!

Tech Mentor

My co-worker has been using the Iphone since version 1 and the droid for several months due to spotty coverage of the AT&T PHONE SERVICE in Southern California. He purchased the droid x (Verizon) because he moved to a new pad and could not get phone service there with his Iphone (WTF in the middle of the city?). If you have a friend with an Iphone try making calls from all the normal places you will be on a regular basis(Especially Home)and see how that goes. If not ask somebody who might live near you for their opinion on service. As for as the two phones feature sets he continues to say that the Iphone is still light years ahead of any other phone hes had. Hes also had some HTC phones that didnt impress him to much. I would like to get an Iphone but not until Verizon gets the unit under its service. Phone calls are too valuable for me to have spotty coverage.............my 2 cents

Android ftw. HTC desire with froyo there, it's the bomb. My carrier is nice enough to not have any bloatware on top so the experience isn't artificially gimped and there are plenty enough apps on the market for anything essential.
    Installed a few off-market apps without having to root/jailbreak the device.
    No need to go back to itunes, happy to not be an iBorg like everyone else here.

Music players are so and so on Android though and around here, you usually get a lower data cap before being speed throttled if you aren't with a jesusphone.

iPhone for me. I'm no Apple Fanboy but the UI experience is great on my 3GS. Got an unlimited data plan so holding onto it for another year. Jailbroke it recently with jailbreakme and can now tether for free.

My mate's HTC is back being serviced for the 3rd time. They've given him a rubbish old Nokia in the meantime again. He is not amused.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

ctrld

htc desire. arguments:

GUI experience > iphone
    OS versatility > win mobile

plus, no fucking around with jailbreaks.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just curious. What can you sync with an android phone and Google that I can't sync with an iPhone and Google?
    Sorry man, my bad - I was thinking more along the lines of syncing iPhone with MobileMe rather than iPhone with Google. It's comparable either way Of course I'd recommend google just for saving money. One thing that is different though (just talking google cloud sync here), is the level of integration of your data throughout the Android handset and applications. It's kinda scary, actually...

I really like the iPhone, and the ui and screen can't be beat. My decision had a lot to do with carriers though, how much data I use and $$, so that's what got me on the android train.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    did you root froyo 2.2
    I rooted b4 froyo, then waited it out for a good froyo rom built off the official source. Took the geniuses at xda-developers only a couple days after it went live to hash it out. I'm running the EViO 1.1 rom with Kings #5 kernel on froyo.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast