Windows 7 vs. Traktor - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is just a shot in the dark, but is are your audio 8 inputs set to "line" by any chance???

Quote Originally Posted by Burrgzz View Post
    i just cant explain why the timecode vinyl wont calibrate..before i even put the needle on the the timecode i get a 45 degree angle line floating around in the scope view..
    Weird signal without touching the record = grounding/wiring problem.
    If you listen to the tt's output directly into the mixer, does it buzz?
    If not, it can be a bad rca cable.

Tech Convert

Inputs are set to timecode vinyl on audio 8.. I run Stanton ST-150's they are internally grounded, but I still get a hum normally when plugged into DJM-800, always have.. Okay this is the scenario, plug in audio 8, start traktor, before I even put the needle on record I have the angled line in the scratch panel scope view on both decks, when I then try to calibrate it fails and displays a fuzzy signal.. I can now still use the timecode in relative mode and actually reacts quite accurately without lag, but I cant use absolute.. And as soon as I lift the needle off, that's when it does weird shot... Sounds like a 'scrubbing' of the track would be the best way to describe it.. The waveform and phase meter sort of floats around or a few seconds while makeing this noise then it stops.. As I've said I've tried every possible thing u can think of had a good look at the timecode problems post in the FAQ's too but I'm stumped.. Some help would be greatly appreciated if anyone has any advice to offer?! I just want to mix!!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    nah my backup laptop is win7 and my gaming desktop is also win7 (which runs traktor BRILLIANTLY by the way - when im not playing starcraft 2 that is)

try optimizing with dplatency check, if you see the red bar, you gotta disable stuff
    Are you using Win7 32 or 64bit - Home, Pro or Ultimate.

I know that my 64bit Win7 Pro, sux the sch long hard with Traktor.

That's why I went to Mac.
    MacBook 13.3/Behringer VMX-200/NI Audio 2 DJ
    NI Kontrol X1/Traktor1.2.4

Tech Convert

I believe it's win 7 64bit home premium.. On an Asus G73 laptop..

Tech Convert

must be this bloody new laptop and windows 7, because i used traktor on my iother laptop this afternoon with the same Audio 8 and it worked first time no worries whatsoever... thinking of wiping the win 7 OS and rebooting with XP, far less bullshit and far better compatibility... but in the meantime i still need to nut out the current problem at hand. . . . . ; (

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345