Windows 7 vs. Traktor - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Running smooth on Win 7 Ultimate...I ditched my mac and got a Dell XPS16...Win 7 is very nice.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Convert

The laptops soundcard is a Realtek audio and seems to work fine in internal mixing mode, even on a a low latency of about 10ms at 44100Hz but as I said when I want to run the audio 8 it's crackly as anything, which is strange as I would've thought the internal soundcard would be more inclined to do that ?!

Tech Convert

The laptops soundcard is a Realtek audio and seems to work fine in internal mixing mode, even on a a low latency of about 10ms at 44100Hz but as I said when I want to run the audio 8 it's crackly as anything, which is strange as I would've thought the internal soundcard would be more inclined to do that ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Burrgzz View Post
    Perhaps you've got a dud Audio 8?

Tech Convert

The audio 8 ran fine on my Dell with xp so I dont think it would be that.. Would uninstalling and reinstalling traktor an the audio8 driver help do you think? Still can't explain the vinyl calibration or the settings reverting automatically though either?!

Try a complete reinstall of Traktor and the Audio 8 drivers...

Tech Convert

Yeah I will try that when I get home from work, hope it will fix it.. Wouldn't have anything to do with a non ASIO driver laptop soundcard would it?

Tech Convert

so im not sure if anyone is checking thgis thread anymore but.. i seemed to have ironed out the crackling issue with the audio 8, i reinstalleed traktor and the driver and even updated tonight.. now i have a new problem though, the timecode still wont calibrate its just keeps on saying 'calibration failed, unknown medium" and now when i lift the needle off the record it starts sort of crackling in a wobbly way by itself? im confused by this, i cant figure why its doing it.. tried everything i can think of to no avail... ; (

Tech Wizard

got Win 7 Home Premium and an Audio 4 and have a crackling problem, this after running everything fine on my old less powerful mac mini.

still trying to figure it out when i have time. found asio4all and gamebooster. will try this out in full later.

when i did a full reinstall a couple of times, i had the same problem. so i guess it's not that.

Tech Convert

i just cant explain why the timecode vinyl wont calibrate..before i even put the needle on the the timecode i get a 45 degree angle line floating around in the scope view.. i can actually get it to work, ie cue and manipulate the track okay, but once i lift the needle it does some weird shit like a wobbly scratch?! lasts about 5 seconds then stops.. cant really explain it..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast