APC 40 Mapping W/ full Led and VU meters! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Zach, when you say modifier dependent output, you're getting the rings to update to their new position, but are the knobs re-setting to the same position in the program? that is my main issue...

also, i should be done with my mapping today, i'll upload the tsi shortly!

good times

Tech Convert

yo guys, here's a tsi as i have it right now..

with our powers combined!... lol.

quick explanation video.. uploading effects explanation as we speak.

-Matt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLVBTf-SGv4

Tech Convert

here's the FX vid. cheers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55FGLz49eXM

Default Nice

Hey man, good stuff! Clean build and release in the effects explanation video! I am currently developing my .tsi for my APC and ill drop it soon once I clean it and debug it, as well as add notes, etc. But I think all of us APC users can really benefit in a big way if we ban together. Good ideas cant wait to see more!

-Matt

Tech Guru

@Makio: yeah man, that's what I'm talking about - like let's say you have "reset mixer controls on load" set. The new track is loaded and the eqs are reset to 12 o clock on-screen. Of course the APC doesn't do anything unless its told, so you give it some output information. At first I figured that adding outputs to the rings would be the end of it, but that resulted in jitter, something about a conflict between the position the APC thinks its in vs the output info its getting fed. So I set up a modifier as a hold button on the same buttons I load tracks with, then made the output commands to the rings dependent on that modifier. So basically whenever I load the next track, the eqs are updated to what's on-screen via a momentary output. Make sense?

If anyone has the time to check, this work-around may not even be necessary using the CC+8 trick. If you haven't heard about it yet, the rings operate on the CC# they send, plus 8. So for example, if a knob sends CC50, the ring accepts output to CC58. I haven't tried sending output to the +8 using only Traktor (I use this a lot in Bomes though), but it might solve the jitter issue.

As for uploading a tsi, I'll do my best to get to it. My current setup is way, way tangled into Bomes MT, so I'll have to look through old files to see if I still have a Traktor only tsi.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

A bome's mapping file is welcome as well (maybe your file is a good reason for my to finally buy the program and get rid of the 20 minutes limit )

Tech Convert

late night, couldn't sleep, and i fuckin got it!

so remove all mappings to your filter to try this. THAT MEANS INS AND OUTS!! haha, learn from my mistakes!

ADD IN > Filter > Deck A / Fader / Direct (this is the knob you use for filter) ex. CC48

The Next two are MAPPED to the RESET BUTTON!!

ADD IN > Filter > Deck A / Button / Reset (Resets position on screen)

Add IN > Modifier #1 > Button / Hold / Value = 7

This tells your led to reset to top center:
    Add OUT > (Map to actuall CC#, not cc+8) ex. CC48 > Modifier: M1=7 > Deck A >

Controller Range : 0 to 1
    Midi Range 0 to 64
    uncheck blend and invert!

This one tells your lights to behave like a "pan" encoder

Add OUT > (Map to CC#+8) ex. CC56 > Modifier : M1=7 > Deck A >

Controller Range: 0 to 1
    Midi Range: 1 to 1

This works perfectly! i hope you all like it.

Tech Convert

good that you couldnīt sleep last night makio!

yet I canīt sleep that night because I must freak out :-)

very nice that you find it out... never seen the Reset setting in the Button - "Interaction Mode" :eek:

damn what would I give to have a clean Controller Manager to sort/copy/paste/ and and and ...

you have a mistake in there....

Midi Range: 1 to 1 = 1 bar mode
    Midi Range: 2 to 2 = 180° mode
    Midi Range: 3 to 3 = pan mode
    Last edited by derders; 08-19-2010 at 02:48 PM.

Tech Guru

There ya go! That's the momentary output command in action! It's a good feeling when shit just works
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast