APC 40 Mapping W/ full Led and VU meters!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default APC 40 Mapping W/ full Led and VU meters!

I picked up an APC 40 yesterday, and after 10 hours of headache learning about this thing, I finally got past the "send monitor state Windows sound crackle."

For those that don't know, to fix, open ableton live, set APC40 as controller, see "red square", quit, and open Traktor. All LED's will work without needing the "send monitor state" command. I will have a fully functional 4-deck TSI up in this thread within 8 hours for you guys! it's almost done.

I do have a question if anyone can help me it will speed up this process. Do any of you know a way to have a 1-button reset of the filter or EQ. i'm looking to be able to adjust a filter or eq, then on the drop of the beat, hit a button and reset the filter/eq. the Trick is to also have this update on the controller (so traktor says the filter is at top center and the apc40 knob is also reset to top center, and not where you had just turned it to).

I've tried a great many things, any help would be appreciated. THANKS!

Hey we we're busy with a 2 deck mapping but maybe the way we used FX's can help you with this?

Check out the thread here on DJTT:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...d=1#post150164

Maybe we can create some kind sticky somewhere with various TSI's (like your 4 deck TSI, my 2 deck TSI featuring full cues & fx's, and I believe there is someone else as well who had a great 2 deck mapping as well with some different layout)

Let's join forces

apc40 unite!!!!

Word!!!!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

Re: Filter knob - You can set up a modifier such that when you hit your reset button, a modifier dependent output command to the ring is momentarily engaged and turned off again. This will update the rings to their current setting, but since it turns off the output immediately, you don't get the glitchy Traktor/APC ring conflict that makes the ring jittery.
    Last edited by Zac Kyoti; 08-17-2010 at 06:22 PM.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by makio001 View Post
    I do have a question if anyone can help me it will speed up this process. Do any of you know a way to have a 1-button reset of the filter or EQ. i'm looking to be able to adjust a filter or eq, then on the drop of the beat, hit a button and reset the filter/eq. the Trick is to also have this update on the controller (so traktor says the filter is at top center and the apc40 knob is also reset to top center, and not where you had just turned it to).
    this is not possible (for EQ) ... would be great but there is no command that will do that for the APC40 - Itīs a big dream of me that Traktor can work with APC40 like Ableton (to switch effects or decks and have the knobs&buttons at the value that is set)
    Last edited by derders; 08-17-2010 at 06:07 PM.

Tech Guru

That's not true man, my own mapping has these reset features built in. It just takes some creative problem solving. I've got instant fx setting recall and updating, and eq updating using the trick i mentioned above. If you don't put the APC40 into dumb mode (ie just don't open Ableton at all), you can benefit from the built-in banking with the track select buttons. In this mode, selecting a track select button sets the device control section to transmit on a different channel depending on what you select. The knob positions are remembered for each of 9 banks - channels 1-8 and master. If you wanted knobs to update say, when you switch fx, just set output commands to the corresponding channel.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Guru

Damn dude - sorry, I forgot to welcome you to the forums! I feel like a dick shooting down your first post. No disrespect intended, we're always glad to get new folks on board!

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    That's not true man, my own mapping has these reset features built in. It just takes some creative problem solving. I've got instant fx setting recall and updating, and eq updating using the trick i mentioned above. If you don't put the APC40 into dumb mode (ie just don't open Ableton at all), you can benefit from the built-in banking with the track select buttons. In this mode, selecting a track select button sets the device control section to transmit on a different channel depending on what you select. The knob positions are remembered for each of 9 banks - channels 1-8 and master. If you wanted knobs to update say, when you switch fx, just set output commands to the corresponding channel.
    can you pls upload your .tsi ? want to test it

and thanks for welcoming :-)

Tech Convert

+1 for testing
    ELECTRO BASS LIVES!
    CHP RECORDINGS LTD.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast