VCI-100 unofficial firmware 1.3.1 available - Page 6
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

I've just installed the firmware. Successful upgrade. Just need to try my VCI-100 in Traktor. I will report back my findings.

Tech Mentor

Well, I can vouch that this firmware hasn't broke my VCI-100 and I used the high jog wheel precision file. The only thing is I haven't a clue how to do the following:

You must change the following to your Traktor mappings:

1) Remap your controllers:

- Deck A/C Tempo = CH02.PitchBend
    - Deck B/D Tempo = CH03.PitchBend
    - Deck A/C Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C0
    - Deck B/D Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C#0

2) Divide the jog wheel sensibility by 4 when using the high precision file

Someone please explain how to do this in easy steps.

Tech Wizard

Post Firmware upgrade complete, new mapping almost done

Ok so the firmware 1.3.3 works ok but I have the same problem with the pitch bend mapping. When I have tried to change it, I have it working but when you touch the jog wheel while playing the bend will lock and track gets faster and faster or slower etc.

Also I have found a few problems with the latest mapping 3.5.2. Details below:

1: Changed the Sync on decks A & C from hold to toggle so that it works correctly.

2: Changed the Keylock (shift+sync) on decks A & C from hold to toggle so that it works correctly. (Note when pressing Shift+Sync for keylock, I have noticed that it doesn't centre exactly randomly on different decks. Don't know why, any suggestions? This is why I have done step 4)

3: Deleted 'Sync w/keylock' on decks A & C so that keylock and sync work independantly as with decks B & D.

4: Deleted 'Key control off' so that when using the shift+filter to change the key, when you return to the centre it will keep keylock on rather than off.

5: Changed jog wheel sensitivity for the best scratching capability. Rotary sensitivity 0% rotary acceleration 14% (you may want to tweak to your own requirements).

6: Deleted Jog wheel plate with scratch button off (I don't use it in CDJ mode). The reason for this is I use timecode vinyl for proper scratching and if you touch the jog wheels accidentally it goes crazy, safety first.

Now what you have, as far as pitch bending using the outside of the jog wheels, is: when scratch button is ON you can scratch the jog plate but no function of the outer rim. when the scratch button is OFF the jog plates have no function but you can use the outer rim for normal pitch bending.

I know this is not ideal but I have been messing all day and can't get it to work. Anyone want to take up the gauntlet and let me know, it would be appreciated.

I have exported the settings but don't know how to create a TSI file from the export, any help with that and I can post it up for people to try out

Work in progress.......

Tech Wizard

Just set up signature for specs etc
    Macbook Pro 15.4" 2.53Ghz 4Gb 250Gb, Traktor Scratch Pro 1.2.4, VCI-100SE Fw 1.4, TSI 3.6.0, Pro Xfader, Audio 4DJ, 2 x Technics 1210's, 2 x Timecode Vinyl

www.soundcloud.com/djdetta

Tech Mentor

Can someone please create a TSI in order to get the best out of this firmware. I don't know where to start with changing the Traktor mappings and at the moment my jog wheels and pitch controls on my VCI-100 are far too sensitive with Traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by djdetta View Post
    Ok so the firmware 1.3.3 works ok but I have the same problem with the pitch bend mapping. When I have tried to change it, I have it working but when you touch the jog wheel while playing the bend will lock and track gets faster and faster or slower etc.
    I dont think that is anything to do with the FW as i had this same issue when i tried mapping from scratch. Have a look at techtoiols mapping for pitch bend and you will prob find the way you have mapped it is diff to the way they have done it.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Wizard

Moley - I didn't mean the FW, just the midi mapping, sorry to confuse.
    According to DaveX's instructions you just have to change the pitch bend from CH01 to CH02 to allow for the new midi messages (there are quite a few of these) but when I did this it didn't work. I'm going to do some more testing this week and see what I come up with. I am new to midi mapping so I could be doing something wrong.

Nickel.
    As far as the jog wheel sensitivity for the previous post: go to the control manager and find SCRATCH, there should only be 4 for each deck. Then change the rotary sensitivity to 0% or 1% (your choice) then play with different &'s in the rotary acceleration up to 15% depending on your style.

Again anyone who know's how to convert the exported settings from traktor into a TSI file, I will post mine up.

Thanks
    Macbook Pro 15.4" 2.53Ghz 4Gb 250Gb, Traktor Scratch Pro 1.2.4, VCI-100SE Fw 1.4, TSI 3.6.0, Pro Xfader, Audio 4DJ, 2 x Technics 1210's, 2 x Timecode Vinyl

www.soundcloud.com/djdetta

+1 on donation

yeah ideally there should be a TSI to go with the new FW. I'm not bad at mapping but that bend will lock and track gets faster and faster happened to me when I was trying to map the plates to have a CDJ mode...

Love to see a TSI to go with the new FW.

Presume DJTT are working on it
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

Thanks DJ Detta after changing the scratch sensitivity you can ACTUALLY scratch on the VCI-100 now (although my scratching is rather primitive). Big up to DaveX for all his efforts (keep up the good work). All that remains now is for Ean and the DJTT team to jump all over this firmware and release a TSI to bring out the best of it.

So are you saying the the resolution of the jogs is a definite improvement?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast