Show your Setup! - Page 81
Page 81 of 469 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast

dAb, now you got me feeling like mr. me too. I want a setup like yours. touch sensitive, well laid out, enough space, cameras and projectors...

Do you think its possible you make a tutorial on the subject "how to build sth like this" ? I know i may be asking for too much, but i seriously want to know everything about that neat maschine. Mad respect.
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Hey dAb, I've seen that somewhere before

looks awesome as usual, I would be interested in some detailed pics of the mod and inside for some inspiration.

Tech Mentor

Do you have a video in which you mix? I really like to see the video stuff running! ;D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNQ5V...layer_embedded

Ok so here is my setup

XONE 3D
    AKAI APC 40
    NOVATION REMOTE 25
    KORG NANO PAD
    TRAKTOR PRO
    ABLETON SUITE
    IMAC 21.5
    MACBOOK PRO
    KRK ROKIT 5
    SENNHEISER 25

I got some new gear which means unfortunately I have to sell some of it . Fortunately for you I am selling it for crazy low prices, cheapest perfect condition CDJ-1000MK3 you will find online among other things...

I'm going to head to home depot and get some pipe and fittings to make studio monitor, CDJ, and laptop stands. If I had the tools and space to do it I would make a flush top that would fit over my desk to fit the 4D and two Technics, then stands for the CDJs, monitors, laptop, and possibly an FX unit stand. I may also elevate the 1Ds and have them on an angle, or just keep them flat. I would need to find someone in Manhattan who could make the cuts in the wood I need, or take a trip to my home in the suburbs....

xone - I believe Home Depot can make the cuts for you. It costs per cut, but can save you the hassle of travel. Nice set-up.

or, there are stands like this.

Last edited by Bodega Brad; 11-17-2009 at 10:50 PM.

This is my most recent pic of my setup off my iphone.

CDJ400 (x2)
    Akai LPD8
    Xone 32
    Wesc bagpipe headphones
    Macbook 4 gb of ram
    SL1
    Traktor Pro

I use serato with timecode cd's for clubs and stuff but have recently been messing around with the midi on the cdj 400 in serato.

I also use the cdj400 as controllers & soundcards for traktor pro! Which is really cool! No need for an external soundcard!!

the Akai LPD8 is normally for cueing and or effects in both programs

btw, that writing on the cdj is when i opened signature from laidback luke when i helped open up a gig in the summer that he was headlining it says "Thanks for the help! Laidback Luke"

Thanks, I saw those stands and each one is like $250. I would need two combination spacetek CDJ/universal stands and then I would still need monitor stands, so I think building my own is a lot more cost effective. http://www.space-tek.net/ I will have home depot cut the plyood pieces to make each stand but if/when I make a full booth flush mount cover I'll do it myself since I don't think they make those type of cuts, only simple straight ones. I'm glad there is a home depot in manhattan....

The monitor stands will be easy, the angled CDJ stands might be a little harder to figure out just using pipe, brackets, and plywood.

Tech Convert

Hi

my little space

Hardware:
    MacBook Pro
    At the moment Creative Speaker TI anyhow ( if i would not be so lazy a would exchange them with my TEUFEL Soundsystem)
    1 TB external Harddrive
    Korg microKontrol (love and hate)
    Korg nanoKontrol
    (both Korg prdoucts i will exchange against an novation keyboard, i will see)
    novation Launchpad (new)

Software:
    Ableton 8.0.9
    very clean system at the moment

Regards

Thought I would finally post a photo of my current set up. No modifications just yet (I'm working on it though), just stuff bought from stores.

Home made media PC - Core 2 - 2.2Gh, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB
    2 x Technics 1210's
    2 x EKS XP 10's
    1 x EKS Otus
    Denon amplifier
    Philips CD recorder (more useful than you would think)
    Pioneer DJM 500
    KEF speakers