Show your Setup! - Page 417
Page 417 of 469 FirstFirst ... 317367407413414415416417418419420421427467 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 4681

those are jumpers to set the master output to +6 db instead of the "factory" 0 db.
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Nales View Post
    Like EQ settings? In what situation would I use these or would I only use them if I REALLY knew what I was doing?

Thanks!
    dont take this personal, but RTFM, it is all in there .
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    So a pretty cool flood all in all?
    New kit doesn't equal a lifetime of photos and stuff destroyed. It helps dull the pain, but doesn't remove it.
    "Tell me what I need to be a DJ so I can f*ck the prom queen"
    Biru on Soundcloud
    Biru on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by mr.drumer.boy View Post
    Love ur setup nlicious, definaltly a good beginners set up. Did u take out a mortgage just for that setup ?
    Hey Mr. Drumer,
    No, buying little by little with money from gigs. And so i'm getting along.
    I only soled my very very old car to get the S4. When I say the S4 from my friend Tekki I just wanted one..
    "Dream if you live forever, live if you will die today"

Quote Originally Posted by biru View Post
    Here is my brand new studio setup. Set everything up last night after the courier came by about 19 times yesterday.

<snip>

Custom 2.66GHz/8GB/500GB MacMini w/Logic 9. Still waiting for MOTU soundcard to arrive from friend and the HS80M Yamaha monitors are on back order (4 weeks till a new container arrives in the country). Still waiting on a bunch of stuff for my new Traktor setup. Only got MacBook and Xone:42 (without a power cable ).
    Pretty. I have that keyboard on semi-permanent loan from a friend…it works.

What screens are those, and do you like them? I'm kind of in the market, but I'm probably going to end up buying whatever's cheap and good enough.

Also, do you actually like that trackpad…I can't see the point of buying a trackpad for a desktop…I deal with the one on my MBP just well enough to not bother carrying around a mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by oneapemob View Post
    those are jumpers to set the master output to +6 db instead of the "factory" 0 db.
    Forgive my ignorance, but…why would you want to do that? The meter reads to +10dB anyway…so is it a jumper to make the meter lie to you or is it actually adjusting headroom somehow?

I guess it's kinda like how the back of a DJM-800 has an attenuator switch to cut the master output by 3, 6 or 12dB.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    dont take this personal, but RTFM, it is all in there .
    lol don't worry I did, and it actually wasn't in the manual! That's the only reason why I asked here . Couldn't find info anywhere else either.

Also for those who wanted to know, I did a 30minish mix yesterday and I absolutely loved the mixer. I just need to map my Kontrol X1 to let me click play while I am in hotcue mode lol.

Continuing with my previous question: Although I probably wouldn't be setting my mixer to +6db, how do I specifically use those? Do I have to open up my mixer? Do I stick them at the RCA outs? I really have NO idea, but I will also try googling more.

Thanks!

Imagine a pair of metal sticks, really small metal sticks.
    One of them carries a signal, the other is trying to receive it.
    They sit side by side, so they can't touch each other. How would the signal get from one to the other?

A little bit of wire would do it, but that would be hard to make fit and such.
    What about if you curled it up a bit, so that it fits around the metal sticks and lock itself into place? That would do it!
    Hmm, still not there yet, now you could touch it, and that would mess with the signal.
    Oh, wrap plastic around the whole thing! Now you can take it off and put it back onto other pairs of metal sticks.

That's a jumper.

If you open up the mixer (which I don't recommend you do) there will probably be little metal sticks sticking up here and there, usually in pairs or more, with little labels on top of them. You can stick jumpers on those to change settings not available on the outside of the mixer.

Why not put them on the outside? Usually, because it's cheaper to just leave an optional connection un-closed, and let the user put jumpers on of they desire to active certain features.

Please, it's nothing personal, but read the manual!
    The other manual
    Jumper (computing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

I've only been DJing for a little over a year still have yet to do a real live gig. I live in a relatively small city in South Dakota, and it's mostly all mobile DJ's playing weddings and things of that nature. We have a few bars around that have DJ's play on the weekends but that's about it. Plus I don't know anyone who DJ's so I'm kinda on my own. Anyway here is my bedroom setup. I'm getting a laptop next week(my desktop sucks!!) so that'll prolly go on the stand my controllers are on. I'm also looking into getting some better TT's and maybe a better mixer(DDM4000 maybe)

A closer look at my $6 DIY laptop/controller stand

2x Numark NDX400
    2x American Audio VDT-1000
    Denon dn-x120
    Hercules Mp3e2
    Korg Nanopad
    Sony MDR-V700
    American Audio Versaport
    Virtual DJ Pro 7
    Last edited by chrisDGAF13; 06-16-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Tech Mentor

the last pages of the manual contain the information about these little jumpers. but if your electronic skillz are on gorund level i understand why that did not help you much .
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub