Show your Setup! - Page 279
Page 279 of 469 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329379 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 4681

Quote Originally Posted by virtuexru View Post
    My current noob setup:

Vestax VCI-100SE (upgraded myself)
    AKAI LPD8
    2.8GHZ, 8GB RAM, Windows XP SP3 + Traktor Pro

i wonder if you realize that Windows XP can only go to 4GB ram that CAN be used for multitasking and that the other 4 are pointlessly there as they cant be used really except for video ram. 64bit operating systems allow as much ram as you can put into it to be used for anything.

thats just a F.Y.I.

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    i wonder if you realize that Windows XP can only go to 4GB ram that CAN be used for multitasking and that the other 4 are pointlessly there as they cant be used really except for video ram. 64bit operating systems allow as much ram as you can put into it to be used for anything.

thats just a F.Y.I.
    You can get 64 Bit Windows XP...
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Bought a Denon X600 yesterday, so this will be my setup for the coming years (pro 2 proof )

2x X1 and denon X600

Last edited by Michielygil; 02-13-2011 at 05:36 AM.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

ctrld

it's weird to look at a DJ setup that doesn't even have jogwheels... oh well, times are changing.

Nice addition man, really digging the X-1 & soundcard casing!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    it's weird to look at a DJ setup that doesn't even have jogwheels... oh well, times are changing.
    look better - there are "JOG"s LOL

Since i don't scratch, there's really no need for jogwheels. I can pitchbend, beatmatch and scroll through a track using endless rotary's.

Of course, growing up I used vinyl too, but for me those days are over. I miss the feeling, but the benifits of being able to digitally manipulate the track using effects, sample bank (soon) and cue points is really a step forward for me.

And let's not forget; buying 20 tracks at once doesn't break the bank anymore.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Nice addition man, really digging the X-1 & soundcard casing!
    Thanks! although there's no need for the extra soundcard anymore, so the casing is probably obsolete soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post
    Thanks! although there's no need for the extra soundcard anymore, so the casing is probably obsolete soon.
    Why are you using two X1s with only two channels? Have you got your own mapping?
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

i went from 4 channels to 2. Then used the 2nd X1 as a mixer for a while. Now with the new mixer, thinking about using the second X1 for direct Hotcue access for the 2 channels and probably gonna need the second X1 in the future for the sample decks in Tpro2.