Show your Setup! - Page 275
Page 275 of 469 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285325375 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 4681

Quote Originally Posted by Conall View Post
    I hate it when people are just like "oh i suggest you get an s4"
    like it or not, it's a very good solution for many styles of DJing and it is all in one.

While I'm at it, get a mac
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Yeah, I come from DVS, analogue mixer, and X1's!!!!

X1 Owns so many kittens. The thing is tits.

So I finally decided I don't need a piece of vinyl, or a cd in a cdj.

I just need play/pause, cue, a really good pitch fader, and a really good platter with two modes.

I'm inches from getting a dn-sc2000, and selling my denon dns-3500's, and send my buddies TT's back to his house.

And then I can do everything I want mixing, and I will still have a bedroom.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by eataskdotcom View Post
    The main reason i was considering cdjs/turntables was to just have something to mess aground with when i want to play with along side my x1s (not to mention the s4 is kinda expensive :[). I love my x1s they are super functional, and like others have said having jog wheels/platters really isn't necessary (at least imho.) Just looking for moar toys to play with

I hear you on that, I'm super hooked on gear. Hey why not check out that new denon single platter unit? Its like 200 dollars...the dn-sc2000 I think.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Guru

OK...Get something else then.

Why did you even post that comment? Back up your statement. As for me I'll stand by my S4 endorsement. This is coming from a dude who's owned 1200's, cdj's, a Rane 2016 mixer, denon dns3500's, an elcer nuo 3.0, a vci-100 and a vci-300... I've even owned an original handmade kontrol dj which is possibly the first solid dj midi controller made. I won't even begin on my original Protools TDM system running an apple G3 15 years ago. BUT HEY WHAT DO I KNOW?!?
    Last edited by bigbeatzz; 02-08-2011 at 11:12 PM.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Quote Originally Posted by bigbeatzz View Post

Why did you even post that comment? Back up your statement. As for me I'll stand by my S4 endorsement. This is coming from a dude who's owned 1200's, cdj's, a Rane 2016 mixer, denon dns3500's, an elcer nuo 3.0, a vci-100 and a vci-300... I've even owned an original handmade kontrol dj which is possibly the first solid dj midi controller made. I won't even begin on my original Protools TDM system running an apple G3 15 years ago. BUT HEY WHAT DO I KNOW?!?

I know right?

+1 on DN-SC2000 plug.

I'm getting two of those tomorrow to replace my DVS.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I've really come to like endless encoders for scrolling through playlists and scrubbing through tracks.
    Rotaries ftw bro'!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

I'm wondering why no one is getting a reloop contour. It's a much more powerful then the SC-2000 - jog, sliders, 7x endless encoders (4 with LED scale). The price is also very good ...

Quote Originally Posted by knaumov View Post
    I'm wondering why no one is getting a reloop contour. It's a much more powerful then the SC-2000 - jog, sliders, 7x endless encoders (4 with LED scale). The price is also very good ...
    trust in denon I suspect. Reloop seem to be making some really nice stuff these days though.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Quote Originally Posted by bigbeatzz View Post

Im sure i said more when i posted that.

anyway, I just dont think that its such a good solution as people make out, Im really not a fan of all in one units at all. lack of ability to upgrade, its massive, loads of issues with sound quality if you dont have a mac, its plasticy and the platters are tiny. The only thing that puts it above the rest of the controllers of the market is the software, thats the real selling point. once the new version of traktor is released the s4 will be just another all in one controller.
    Last edited by Conall; 02-09-2011 at 07:02 AM.

Im sure i said more when i posted that.
    You didn't.

anyway, I just dont think that its such a good solution as people make out, Im really not a fan of all in one units at all. lack of ability to upgrade, its massive, loads of issues with sound quality if you dont have a mac,
    Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    While I'm at it, get a mac
    its plasticy and the platters are tiny. The only thing that puts it above the rest of the controllers of the market is the software, thats the real selling point. once the new version of traktor is released the s4 will be just another all in one controller.
    Software, build quality is great so i don't know where you've got that from, and have you seen the VMS4? That is just another all in one controller. But the S4 has super tight software integration which cannot be played down. It makes a huge difference if hardware has been built from day 1 to work specifically with the software. Far too often mapping and actual use of the hardware is the last thing on a company's mind.

The platters are small but useful, realistically no one is buying a 4 deck midi controller to scratch with.

Just be careful with the generalisations, if the only selling point was the software, no one would have bought it.