Show your Setup! - Page 184
Page 184 of 469 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 4681
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    here are some images of my current setup; I just moved some things around recently. one image is the minimized setup for a pool party...
    Where the bejebus do you start dude...

You need some of my setup Zen... which is fancy talk for "obsessive compulsive disorder" i have to have everything in lines, im so anal.

Looks cool mate... lots to play with

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What's that taped on to the Snowball? Is it like a homemade pop filter or are you using the mic like a bongo drum? I have Snowball, but have yet to use it for anything. You like it?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

@Karlos - yeah if you could package that Zen and distribute it, I'll buy some. Knowing me though it will end up in a pile next to the APC-40 To be honest I don't use the Novation keyboard much and might sell it though the few times I do want to use it (for the sampler in Ableton Live) there's not much else that will do. I occasionally combine Ableton and Traktor so the setup with the APC40 comes in handy (who needs "the bridge"?!) but getting the MIDI clock set up right is annoying enough that I mostly don't bother with it. Most of the action for me is really on the left turntable, the VCI and the MIDIfighter. The trigger finger is mapped for beatjumps and some other features that aren't covered by the VCI and its faders let me control decks C+D; the joystick has some effects programmed on it but I'm still working on perfecting that mapping.

@photojojo - yep that's a homemade pop filter; it made a big difference in a recording I was working on that included me saying the phrase "hemp rope" ... just try saying that into a mic without popping, hehe... It's not taped on, it's just resting there I've only used the mic a few times myself but it's a good basic USB mic. I have the black "eightball" as well which I like less (mostly because it requires phantom power).

@ djproben So many toys! What's the joystick set up to do?

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

@ Brad_webb_87 - 81mm mortar round box, love it! Indirect fire support! Gun up!

@ dj Ovation - Thanks Ovation, I originally was looking for a case like the one you have but no luck, at least without having to modify, so I went with the one I have now, just to transport the TC, sound card, and headsets. Eventually I'll upgrade my gear, but really like the versatility of the TC combined with my netbook, simplified.

@ DJ AveNew - "and chewbaca holdin it down" - Nice! Boba is doing the same for me!
    Last edited by Sleeps41; 09-10-2010 at 04:42 AM. Reason: noticed that i posted 3 times, so simplified all 3 into 1

Numark MixDeck, Hercules DJ Console RMX, Behringer Xenyx 802, Korg M50 Workstation

@jakeintox effects. It's a pretty good joystick but too big to lug around to gigs so I haven't made the mapping a priority -- it's sort of confusing at the moment but the top 4 buttons choose different effects combos and moving the joystick around adjusts the settings of two effects at a time. I slapped the gater on the trigger which is pretty cool, you get an effect going and move the joystick increasing the distortion and then pull the trigger like a gun to slam the gater down. There's another little toggle stick at the top of the joystick that I use to change the patterns on the gater. Then there's 6 cool buttons on the bottom side that I currently have set as kill buttons for the EQs on decks A+B. Finally theres a cool switch on the back that has a smooth glide up and down, which controls dry/wet on the effects. It's actually pretty cool to use but I really want to tweak the effects combos I have set up and I'd like to set up a mod button so there's more flexibility as to which effects combo you're choosing at a time. It's really fun but it's not practical to bring to gigs.

ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by Fraa View Post
    pictures
    same mouse, same keyboard, similar monitor (the illu keyboard goes well with a syncmaster xl2370 design-wise). good choice

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    same mouse, same keyboard, similar monitor (the illu keyboard goes well with a syncmaster xl2370 design-wise). good choice
    Yeah, that keyboard is awesome.
    Probably the best one I've ever had... the keys are just so nice to touch haha

Hey Dystopic, how do you like Mixdeck?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --