Traktor 4Deck vs 2+2Sample?
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor 4Deck vs 2+2Sample?

[EDIT] Attached the tsi file if anyone is interested, it's 2+2 with browsing, LED feedback and fx can be turned on from the LP, but I have the parameters mapped to a korg nanoKontrol. If anyone is interested I can make pics or a vid explaining the map [/EDIT]

After almost finishing my mapping of 2 tracks+ 2 sample decks I realized that if I left it as 4 decks I could use it as 8 samples per deck (C/D) instead of 4...

Other than looping the samples, is there anything else I would be missing out on?
    Last edited by LmnLm3; 09-02-2011 at 02:44 PM.

since they're cue points and not samples you can't play/loop more than one from each deck c/d at a time.

i *much* prefer having the sample decks for c/d.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

I know there was a giant collaboration for the creation of a 4 deck LP tsi. If anyone is interested in a 2+2 I will upload mine when it's complete (almost there!)

I have some fx mapped to a nanoKontrol but those are all CC, use whatever knobs you have - all the midi controls the important stuff.

(Can't for the life of me figure out how to get to scroll up and down in the browser though - my buttons only go down!!)

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You can play four samples per deck at the same time each at different volumes.

Set the button inc or dec depending which way you want to go.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Set the button inc or dec depending which way you want to go.
    Found that - thanks - there is another way in there too... setting the button as direct instead of inc? or some such... the one that has -128 to +128 range...

Anyway, now that it's all figured out, I seem to be having less fun with it - hahaha - maybe I was trying to mix tracks with too much drift (think 60s rock oh well!)