VCI-100 for Traktor Pro (user modified SE) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

I'm really new to all this, so you can take this with a grain of salt.

At the moment I'm trying to find a good tsi - the one that come with Tractor pro doesn't seem to be worth a damn-, learn to DJ, and learn Tractor Pro all at the same time.

Anyhow. I was playing around with your tsi tonight and I noticed a couple things:

1. When deck A is in CD mode using the jogwheel in browser mode still activates the CD seek function for deck A.

2. Play/Pause seems to drop a cue point where ever you pause the track. Maybe this is the floating cue point feature that you were talking about though?

3. I love navigating my library with the jogwheel, but I'm not sure about using the forwards and backwards motions to load a track. Seems like it might be pretty easy to accidentally load a track into a deck that's playing as you browse your library. Also how do you load a track into decks C or D?

I'm having enough trouble operating decks A and B for now, so its not really a concern for me at the moment but... I was thinking that it might work well if it could be set up so that in when your in browser mode the transport controls under the jogwheel load the highlighted track into decks A, B, C, and D. The leftmost button would load deck A and the rightmost would load deck D. The buttons are still close at hand and it seems like it would avoid the accidental load problem.

4. Ok, a couple more ideas for browser mode. I was just reading Phaidon's post about his 4 deck tsi and he's using the right jogwheel to control the track list and the left one to control the tree, which seems like a good idea. I was also thinking that it might be worth setting it up so that the hitting space bar would bring you directly to the search bar so that you don't have to mouse over to it.

And finally maybe tapping the jogwheel could bring you into preview mode. You could then use the jogwheel to search through the track using the jogwheel. Tapping the jogwheel again would bring you back out of preview mode to the list of tracks.

5. Ok last thing, did you totally remove the sync button, or maybe I'm just just missing it?

I hope some of these suggestions are helpful and thanks for all you work on this so far.

ps Good luck with your exams!

Default Layout pics

Hey Hedgehog,

slightly offtopic, but where did you get the picture of the SE layout? I searched the whole site and couldn't find it. Could you please point me to it or post a file without your edits? Need it to plan my own custom layout.

Thanks

who has tested this TSI and found aspects of it that they enjoy? I am working on a new SE TSI and perhaps I can integrate some of the concepts. The FX selection seems to be natural- did anyone prefer this method?

I have been testing it, and find the jog-scroll throuh track collection very usefull. I am not shure about the load track function, it might be to risky. I find the fx scroll very usefull, and love the ability to change out wich effects are selceted, on the fly!

And like earlier said, I miss the be beatjump function. Thats just my 2 cents.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Personally I block loading tracks in a playing deck. Therefore the load track thing with outer jog works fine, but it feels a little strange.

I already have an idea to improve the fx-changing and activating and will try to release an updated layout by next week.

Have to look into the Beatjump-thing though.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Tech Convert

I think that could be interesting that with the outer left jogweel u browse the folders list, with the right one u browse the song list, and when touching left Metal jogweel->load A, when touching the right Metal jogweel->load B

Tech Convert

Default Issues with TSI

I notice a couple of things:

1. The lights do not light up under the effects as they did with Ean's original setup.
    2. I am not sure what this is attributable to, but I see the effects turn on/off in Traktor (i.e., the 'On' light is on) but I do not hear the effect applied to the master output. I had the same problem with Ean's but it works fine with my Hercule MK2 controller and Traktor Pro. But not with the Vestex and the mappings here. Any ideas?

Btw, I am running the Vestex VCI-100.

DJ Ataru

Tech Wizard

I think I found something. Loading tracks with the side of the jogwheel only works when key is off. Is this intentional? Also I can't seem to turn on/off the effect for fx1 when the value reaches 0 or past 0 like you have it for the other 2 buttons for fx
    Last edited by EliPsE; 12-24-2008 at 10:53 PM.

Hi Ean,

I only recently got my VCI 100 fw 1.2 and am seriously thinking of upgrading it to the 1.4 though it comes out really expensive to get it to Portugal.

Is there anyone in Europe that sells them for you or do you know anyone on this side of the pond i could get it from?

I really like the last tsi you made but i think the browser mode would be much better if it was like Lupine said on this Thread:

"Ok, a couple more ideas for browser mode. I was just reading Phaidon's post about his 4 deck tsi and he's using the right jogwheel to control the track list and the left one to control the tree, which seems like a good idea. I was also thinking that it might be worth setting it up so that the hitting space bar would bring you directly to the search bar so that you don't have to mouse over to it.

And finally maybe tapping the jogwheel could bring you into preview mode. You could then use the jogwheel to search through the track using the jogwheel. Tapping the jogwheel again would bring you back out of preview mode to the list of tracks."

I have been trying to add this to your 3.6.4 tsi but finding it hard as all the modifiers are already being used.

On my BCD 2000 i had the left jog scrolling thru tracks and the right scrolling thru preview and used one button to load it to preview and stop. I guess the button could be tapping the jog on the vci. Is this possible?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12