VCI-100 for Traktor Pro (user modified SE)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Default VCI-100 for Traktor Pro (user modified SE)

Changelog:
    v3:
    - improved browser-mode: You can now load the selected track by moving the outer jog-wheel backwords to load it into deck A or forward to load it into deck B
    this will also quit the browser-mode (thanks to Bento for the suggestion)
    v2:
    - new browser-mode: lets you browse through your filelist with the jog wheel, while it is active
    - updated transport-section: it basically works like the official settings from Vestax for the VCI-100
    - floating cue-point : whenever you move the jog-wheel a temporary cue-point is set (like in Traktor 3)
    - loops will reset to a length of 4 beats after you turn them off (thanks to ean)
    - Loop & Key are swapped

A lot of features are planned, but I'm currently short on time due to exams in the coming weeks. To see which, check out the attached image.Please comment them and drop ideas in this thread.

This is based on the official DjTechTools-VCI-file from the other thread.
    I used burndownthediscos VCI for the FX unit toggle.
    It also fixes the bug where deck A is stopped while using the jog-wheel in Fader-FX-mode.

Personally I find the whole fx-stuff too complicated in Ean's layout.
    Therefore I tossed the 1st effect (only 2 per FX bank are useable but because of the FX unit toogle 4 effects can be used per deck which should be enough).
    And mapped it so you can browse through all the shiny new effects, instead of being forced to use only a few ones.

Effects turn automatically on when the knob is turned to the right side and in most cases their LED lights up (some don't work because of firmware issues).

I made this with FW 1.2.
    Last edited by Afterhour Ali; 11-26-2008 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Version 3 released

Hi HedgeHog,

Looks a great tsi file would like to give it a whirl. For some reason though it's refusing to import the midi mapping I use vci-100 black 1.2

what does it say?

Tech Wizard

I tried to import it and got this message.

Warning: error while parsing settings file on import!

I like the sound of what your layout for the fx section. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
    I tried to import it and got this message.

Warning: error while parsing settings file on import!

I like the sound of what your layout for the fx section. Looking forward to giving it a try.
    yes that's the same message I got. Any solutions?

Just got up!
    Checking what went wrong later that day.

Problem is that I now totally modified the layout.
    So it's going to be another one.

With browser toggle mode which lets you browse through your collection with the jog wheel.

I will make a 4-decks-with-one-button switch version next week, because I noticed yesterday at a dj-contest it's not very handy to control deck c with deck b

There is just one thing I need to know.
    I changed the 4 transport buttons below the jog-wheels to their original layout for the dj-contest because i'm used to that. So the order goes:
    Play/Pause - Cue/Play - Cue/Pause - Set Hotcue

Do you rather want that order or the ean one?
    I also use a floating cue-point like in Traktor 3.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Hi

Sounds like a godd idea with the effect scrollin option and the track collection scrolling with Jogwheel is a super idea!

I would deffinetly prefer to keep the transport section the way ean designed it.

Are you planning on implementing the bug fixes from the new official 1.2SE.tsi?

Hi

Sounds like a godd idea with the effect scrollin option and the track collection scrolling with Jogwheel is a super idea!

I would deffinetly prefer to keep the transport section the way ean designed it.

Are you planning on implementing the bug fixes from the new official 1.2SE.tsi?

I was almost done with the new version and then forgot to export the .tsi file before importing another one = bye bye changes...
    To at least get something useable out I changed some stuff of the last backup.

It just has SOME of the new features and the not-so-ean-like transport-section because it was the only backup I had.
    The only fix I implemented so far is defaulting the loop-length, but I will have a look into it as soon as possible.
    There is a new one coming with the more-ean-like transport section but I changed some more stuff about it, like using a floating cue-point and having a button to store cue-points (which is handy for preparing sets or setting up cuepoints for some live cue-juggling action). I need to know what you like and what not!
    I will another time fully change the FX-section to make it a-lot easier as I saw my solutions gave me some headache on a gig last weekend.

Here are the changes:
    v3:
    - improved browser-mode: You can now load the selected track by moving the outer jog-wheel backwards to load it into deck A or forward to load it into deck B
    this will also quit the browser-mode (thanks Bento )
    v2:
    - new browser-mode: lets you browse through your filelist with the jog wheel, while it is active
    - updated transport-section: it basically works like the official settings from Vestax for the VCI-100
    - floating cue-point : whenever you move the jog-wheel a temporary cue-point is set (like in Traktor 3)
    - loops will reset to a length of 4 beats after you turn them off (thanks to ean)
    - Loop & Key are swapped

ToDo-List:
    - easier FX-change (knob) &
    activation
    - all 3 Effects in chain useable
    - switch to Deck C,D with 1 button
    - complete browser-mode
    - improve pitch-fader to make fine-
    pitching + normal pitching possible
    - restore Ean‘s transport section ?
    - suggestions?

.tsi file and layout picture are in the attachement.
    Last edited by Afterhour Ali; 11-26-2008 at 06:26 PM.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

This tsi sounds real promissing I must say. Looking very much forward to this!

Suggestion: Now that going thru track collection and loading tracks into the decks is possible via the jog whell, maybe the old tracklist/trackload buttons could be used for beatjumping?

And what are your thoughts on the deck copy function?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast