Serato 2.1 (Update) - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tech Guru

a bit of a late bump, but thought id share

got back to campus and went over to a friends place to use his vinyl and such (he uses serato SL1)

I hooked up my laptop via usb and it recognized it almost instantly, pretty much plug and play.

We jammed for about 2 hours. This was my FIRST time using serato and I must say, If you have been usin traktor for while, u should have no problem picking up serato.

Beatmatching is loads easier than it seems, the peacks on serato wave display helps loads. after 2 mixes I was able to perfectly beatmatch all the rest of my mixes perfectly. I even learned how to jump from 128 electro to 140 dubstep

most clubs in the US should have an SL1 or 3 box and serato equipment. It really is plug and play guys. I can safely say that after using it for just 2 hours, I am confident i can use it ant any club that has it available

Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Tech Guru

bump "to keep it real"
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

thank you sir! you can add serato ready to your resume! dont forget to download the timecode cds for the club incase they only have cdjs
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I used serato for a few years before switching to TSP and it has always been incredibly easy to use. I actually bought it only hours before a gig and used it at the gig -- it was that easy to use. (I had watched people use it before that so I wasn't driving completely blind but literally the first time I actually hooked it up to a system was that very night - at the Viper Room of all places, hehe). I did have some vinyl with me for backup but I didn't need it (though I did play a couple songs anyway). It's really set up for people to be able to move from vinyl to DVS almost transparently, and it's pretty good for that purpose -- obviously when I used it that first time I didn't have time to analyze my tracks or any of that; the only prep I had was reading the manual while pounding a burger.... I haven't used it since version 1.8 I think but I installed 2.1 on my machine so I might play with it at some point. I actually really like Serato, it just doesnt have the flexibility of Traktor, particularly with MIDI and effects.

@Proben serato is really push midi and has jumped on fxs, heck they have "super knobs"...wonder where they got that idea from? Be yes serato is plug and play and the default settings have you playing in no time.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234