Traktor FX bank 'release' mapping help

Default Traktor FX bank 'release' mapping help

Esteemed DJ's and mapping enthusiasts, could you lend a hand, please?

Now I may over complicate my question, but I feel I need to explain and give a grounding first, so excuse my ramblings.

I currently have a Midi Fighter 3D and I use Flashflooder's MF3D "DeckGratMotion" with my Traktor set-up - I want to use this as a mapping example further down the line. So, onto my point:

I have purchased a Xone K2 as I like the idea of the latching layers and having so much that's assignable. Primarily, I want to set the knobs and buttons (on the first 'page') as shown in my image as FX knobs. The 6 knobs and buttons within the red zone assigned to 6 Traktor effects for deck A, and the 6 for deck B mirrored on the other side. I have these mapped and all works good.

Each knob/button is mapped with the following 5 commands:

Now, whilst on it's own this would work perfectly, I want to also use the Midi Fighter. Both maps are set to load up their respective FX's in their respective banks upon the click of the button, with one noticeable difference that I need some advice with.

Using the deck selectors on the MF (the rectangle buttons top of shot) means that when I press an effect, let's say the Gater, bottom left of the MF, it ensures the effect is loaded into FX Unit 1, turns FX Unit 1 on as seen in the image above and rocks it. However when you let go of the button, FX Unit 1 stays ON, but when you switch the MF to deck B using it's selector button and then hit the Gater button again it releases FX Unit 1 from deck A and turns FX Unit 1 on for deck B - working perfectly as it should.

Now say I'm mixing out of deck B and have just used Gater on the MF, mix a track into A and off I go. But now, I wish to use an effect mapped on my K2. Iceverb is set to load the effect into FX Unit 1. I press the button, it loads, and turns it on, BUT as the MF didn't release FX Unit 1 from B to A (because I last touched the MF whilst playing deck B) this means that I now have deck A and deck B using FX Unit 1, which of course sends the effect to both A and B at the same time.

The easiest way I thought was to re-map Flashflooder's FX entries to toggle the FX Unit on/off with the press of the button as opposed to Hold - didn't work too well, unfortunately.

Could someone suggest a way to 'fix' this? I'm using all 4 FX banks, so "use another FX bank" isn't going to help my cause. I need an elegant method if at all possible, and my relatively basic mapping skills can't think of a way.

Sorry I've gone on a bit, I hope I've explained it well enough.

Thanks,
    c
    Last edited by cheef; 02-27-2013 at 05:56 AM.
    | http://cheef.tv - YouTube | Facebook - http://cheef.dj |