Serious Live Ableton DJ performance Template (launchpad and more)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Serious Live Ableton DJ performance Template (launchpad and more)

Hi there,
    i have just finished my ableton live dj template and it can do a lot of live things apart from classic djing. You can use it with different controllers and change as much as you want. It consists of 2 parts, please watch it to see what it can do. The template can be downloaded from the description of the video:

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrhdti38Rqs

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmq6V1lysLA

Please subscribe and like me on facebook.com/kirimusic

Tech Mentor

Coming back here later to watch for inspiration!!

Cheers
    D

Tech Wizard

Cool

nice work. the only problem with this template is that it uses midi katapult which is not free.. been thinking of getting a copy since automap is pretty useless for this kind of advanced template, but I'm hesitant since you lose the basic session controls that are the main reason I bought the launchpad. Also juding from their forums, midi katapult might be dead..hasn't had a new version in a while. Maybe I'll finally get the demo so I can mess around with your template and see if its something I would pay for. thanks for the hard work though.

SICK!!!

Just got an APC40...will be testing!!!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by nukage View Post
    nice work. the only problem with this template is that it uses midi katapult which is not free.. been thinking of getting a copy since automap is pretty useless for this kind of advanced template, but I'm hesitant since you lose the basic session controls that are the main reason I bought the launchpad. Also juding from their forums, midi katapult might be dead..hasn't had a new version in a while. Maybe I'll finally get the demo so I can mess around with your template and see if its something I would pay for. thanks for the hard work though.
    Hey mate, ye, I recon katapult is dead but i will try to hack it soon. Im familiar with java programming and will put it as soon as i get it done.

Thanks for positive feedback guys, and subscribe to my youtube channel since i am gnna put more ableton dj videos with more stuff to download

cheers

Kirill

Tech Wizard

Hey Bro,
    Great mapping but I cannot get the drum pads to respnd at all or sart recording into the sampler.
    Ableton is showing input coming in but the samples are refusing to trigger. Everything else on the live clips control page works with no issues. Any ideas as to the problem?

Cheers
    Marcos
    www.myspace.com/pookidoll
    Macbook Pro 10.6.4,VCI-100SE,
    FM1.4,Mapping 3.6.3,Arduinome,Traktor Pro 1.2.6,AudioDJ 2 My Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Pooks View Post
    Hey Bro,
    Great mapping but I cannot get the drum pads to respnd at all or sart recording into the sampler.
    Ableton is showing input coming in but the samples are refusing to trigger. Everything else on the live clips control page works with no issues. Any ideas as to the problem?

Cheers
    Marcos
    well, the problem is perhaps in the midi sync options menu. Make sure the internal midi cable (the one which connect katapult and live) has the input enabled. Make those buttons next to it yellow (set sync, track and remote). I think my screenshot is in the pack with description in the video's description.

Let me knw if this helps or otherwise i will think about smt else.

Cheers

kirill

Tech Wizard

I couldn't find the screenshot in the pack and had not ticked the sync box in the midi options for the input, after ticking I still can't get the pads to work :-(
    I have added a screenshot of my settings for you. (sync is ticked for output cos I was trying that in case it made a difference either.. it didn't)

Cheers for your help

Marcos
    www.myspace.com/pookidoll
    Macbook Pro 10.6.4,VCI-100SE,
    FM1.4,Mapping 3.6.3,Arduinome,Traktor Pro 1.2.6,AudioDJ 2 My Soundcloud

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Pooks View Post
    I couldn't find the screenshot in the pack and had not ticked the sync box in the midi options for the input, after ticking I still can't get the pads to work :-(
    I have added a screenshot of my settings for you. (sync is ticked for output cos I was trying that in case it made a difference either.. it didn't)

Cheers for your help

Marcos
    Hi,

Thanks very much for sharing. It make me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

Quote Originally Posted by kirill1337 View Post
    Hi there,
    i have just finished my ableton live dj template and it can do a lot of live things apart from classic djing. You can use it with different controllers and change as much as you want. It consists of 2 parts, please watch it to see what it can do.
    Seems like really nice job. But I just can't get it to work on my Windows setup. Tried using alot of virtual midi cables, but can't seem to set the Katapult setup correctly. How do you use the Launchpad to send signals to IAC? I tried to take signals from Launchpad and send out to something else, but nothing seems to happen...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast