vestax typhoon mapping.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default vestax typhoon mapping for traktor pro

Ok so i got a typhoon not a vci-100 but eh it will do for now. This is my first mapping and with in one week of playing with it and traktor for the first time. I learned mapping by tearing apart oldfashioned's map and the one on the vestax site as well as reading the manual. Just a side note i worked really hard on this and am new at this so please no requests for mods on it to suite your needs. Enjoy! (made in v.124 from scratch, 2 deck, advanced fx mode)

So on to the good stuff the basic layout is kinda similar to oldfashioned's with a few mods and some more leds :

*EDIT i uploaded a jpg of the map. The only thing to note is that the loop active btn will show you are in a loop when in fx mode while mapped to fx reset.

**Edit i fixed a lot of little bugs and just uploaded the new tsi file its working good for me let me know what you think.

Added: seek on jog wheel when not playing and fx btns are now set to hold.
    fixed cue/cup on deck b and loop set default length on deck b.
    Removed: bpm moninter output on sync btns it was causing some problems.

I think that's about it everything else not mentioned should work as marked on board.

**1.if fader is on when you switch to fx mode it will stay on. Same for fx when switching back.
    **2.If you want to tweak something i filled in just about everything on the comments in the tsi.
    **3.If you really like this and want to send me some new knobs to change out the ugly ones that would be most welcomed.

enjoy!
    Last edited by iamnotadj; 08-13-2010 at 07:49 PM.

Tech Student

thx.. good work..

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by toms View Post
    thx.. good work..
    Thank you! let me know how this works out for you or if you find any bugs. I'm debating on possibly changing the fx mode to only affect 1 deck at a time (by using fx bt1 for deck a and fx2 for deck b and losing the save preset option) this way using the filter/fx wont get stuck when switching over.

Tech Student

Yes, I still have not found any bugs. There was something a little bug on my computer, it looks suspicious.
    For example, three operating parameters in the Fx mode by moving the volume control has a few bugs to doubt.
    Your work is good. However, the loop interface was a little uncomfortable.
    Changes in the original loop system is trying out it's a good idea too. Is my opinion.
    And C shift using either use the deck and D deck wonder.

The Fx mode, press the Filter button. Fx reset mode seems like enough.
    Hands are gonna be more comfortable.
    Fx selector buttons on the headphones from your Settings button next to the wet mix into dry analog control change I wonder.

This good work is all that gives people hope.

P.S I have no problem in Windows 7 64bit. God bless. haha =)

Tech Convert

just found this thread in the Spin mapping thread.

absolutely love this mapping and so far have no problems with it whatsoever. i'll keep testing though.

would be nice to have the bpm monitor on SYNC buttons but it's minor and you're saying it's causing troubles. did notice the behavior of the LOOP SET and +/- buttons while in FX mode that you mentioned, they just just light up and stay lit under certain conditions. i think i'd rather lose the save FX preset option in favor of separate FX mode controlled by FX1 and FX2 buttons. have no problems with loops/cues functions with current config.

that's it for now, i hope you'll keep improving this. i'm here to test

thanks a lot!

m

Tech Convert

few other things:

is it possible to use the outer ("glass") parts of the jogs to pitch bend? i think right now they are doing nothing. as well as the FX2 knob, it can controll the Traktor master volume let's say. also on your jpg, the deck B CUE/CUP buttons described as Hot Cue / Loop Active functions and it's not clear how to enable those.

Tech Convert

ah figured out the Hot Cue / Loop Active thing, silly me

right now i mapped the "glass" jogs to pitch band with FX1/FX2 button pressed, it works nicely unless you decide to pitch band in FX mode. maybe SHIFT is a better solution here but i couldn't figure out how to make it work with SHIFT or without any modifier altogether.
    Last edited by mannequin; 09-06-2010 at 12:23 PM.

Tech Wizard
    Macbook Pro 15" i7, VCI-100 SE, Traktor Pro, Audio 4 DJ

Tech Convert

thanks for the firmware tip.

and slightly offtopic but perhaps more typhoon users are looking here:

was just wondering about the latency settings that the owners of Typhoon/Spin are using and i haven't seen this issue discussed anywhere yet.

i found out it's impossible to go lower than 17.0ms ("768" buffer setting in Typhoon ASIO driver) with Typhoon without causing any trouble no matter what the system config is, any lower settings just result in drop outs, crackling noise, etc. is the lower end Typhoon's soundcard is here to blame for this? "17.0ms" doesn't look too exciting even for basic "house" mixing.

Tech Student

oh - good =) thx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast